On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Client is a Tech company — Technology is the driver, e-commerce is the outcome. It was established in 2010 to provide a seamless e-commerce experience to customers and SMEs. In ten years, the project became the largest e-commerce company in Turkey, as well as one of the leading global platforms. Our Client is the 1st Turkish company to achieve the decacorn status and the most valuable private internet company in the EMEA region.
The business is scaling fast and profitably, expanding into international markets.
Client`s culture is at the core of everything it does. Focused on results, keeping customers first, teams always work for better and always test, iterate and improve. Learning from mistakes, direct and open feedback is at the core of the culture. If you want to learn, grow and deliver; are result-oriented, love teamwork, appreciate open communication, learning, and iteration, and make decisions with data, Come, join!
Technology Department is one of the most important teams at our Client`s company which is a future-oriented, fast-growing, and technology enthusiast company. Software Development Team builds scalable, high-performing platforms for customer satisfaction by using up-to-date and efficient technologies.
Technology Stack: Kafka, Spark, Flink, Airflow, Sql, Hive, Git, SBT, Kubernetes, Docker, Spring Boot, Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Jupyter, Zeppelin, Cassandra, Akka
Languages: Scala, Java, SQL
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Building infrastructure to support real time or offline data pipelines for processing terabytes of data
- Design and scale data ingestion systems with high availability and reliability
- Creating and managing data jobs with various data platforms
- Data enrichment and manipulation on streaming data
- Developing and designing R&D Projects
- Provide architectural support by building PoC & Prototypes
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Mathematics and related Information Technologies
- 2 — 6 years experience in related areas
- Hands on experience in building data pipelines with Spark or Flink
- Experience in open source data technologies (Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Kafka, Storm etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of streaming architecture is a big plus
- Strong object oriented design and development skills
- Experience with Unix/ Linux and shell scripting
- Hands on with Java/Scala programming
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies, data modeling and tradeoffs
- Experience with databases columnar, distributed, row based
- Enjoy doing research and able to gather information to find out and execute best practices of the areas he/she is responsible for
- Enjoy improving & optimizing software and using new technologies
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you?
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centres of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!