On behalf of Ciklum Digital, we are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team on a full-time basis.
Client is the provider of a food delivery service intended to offer lunch at the workplace and offices. The company's services plan is lunch delivery from different restaurants for its users in offices and workplaces, thereby enabling them to avail required healthy dishes at their needed convenience.
There are several different applications for drivers, consumers, backoffice, and more, all connected in one api. Team will be working on achieving client’s goals to launch a new product line in the long run and to support Forkable platform and its services as they are.
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Taking part in the decision-making process of application architecture design, solution development, architecture and code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/updates to the solution specification
- Proactive position in solution development, process improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- Following coding standards, software best practices and writing highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Excellent knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID, TDD, BDD)
- Database theory (RDBMS)
- Code testing practices
- Enterprise and Design Patterns
- Microservices architecture, SOA
- Security patterns, Common attacks types (OWASP)
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (GraphQL, REST)
- authentication and authorization flows (e.g. oAuth)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Ruby on Rails (more than 5 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Web application frameworks, Testing frameworks, ORM
- RDBMS (e.g, PostgreSQL)
- Key-value storages (Redis)
- Messaging systems (Resque)
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS)
- Integration with 3rd party solutions
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins)
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Creation software architecture and design of complex applications, platforms
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Fluent or Upper-Intermediate English
- Experience in software development for more than 6 years
- Understanding of orchestration and containerisation (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Knowledge in Deployment patterns
- Experience with TDD environments (RSpec, Minitest, Capybara, Selenium)
- Experience with web architecture at scale (20krpm and above)
- Experience solving logistical problems with software
- Autoscaling, monitoring, alerting approaches
- Perform a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigate, define, and resolve complex issues
- Able to work in distributed cross-functional teams effectively
- Influence customers and team members on the project level
- May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects
- Plan, schedule, and monitor your own work (and of others where applicable) competently
- Have learning agility (readiness for challenge and being open to change)
What's in it for you?
- Close cooperation with the client
- A constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Continuous self-improvement
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!