On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Lead/Senior Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Being part of the Data Warehouse Team, means you will be using cutting edge technology to design and develop our data platform.
You will be involved with Data Modelling, OLAP Cube Development and maintaining and evolving our existing data warehouse. Part of Data, means you will work hand in hand with our BI and Big Data Teams to support the data requirements of the different departments and brands within the Group.
Technology Stack: DWH Modeling, ETL, AWS
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages and data warehouses
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve and maintain it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, speed, and guaranteed uptime.
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Manage incidents and perform on-call duties by agreement
- Ensure business continuity by taking part in creating technical documentation as well as end-user documentation
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- 3+ years of experience coding in SQL, T-SQL and any of the .NET-based, or JVM-based, or Python general programming languages, Scala and Python preferable, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 2+ years contributing to production deployments of large backend big data processing and analysis systems.
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience in Data Modeling and DW design
- People management skills and experience of leading team members
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred
- 1+ years of experience in AWS cloud data platforms
- Using Data Integration tools, such as SSIS
- Knowledge of Snowflake
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server and Services platform, including designing, performance tuning and maintaining
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience of Spark-based technologies.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Good knowledge of data analysis in enterprises
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What’s in it for you?
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centres of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org