On behalf of InfoSuite A/S, Ciklum is looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer (Back End heavy) to join Kharkiv team on a full-time basis.
This job you offers you a unique opportunity to be able to participate and be lead developer in the implementation effort of migrating existing InfoSuite architecture, into a service architecture based on Spring technologies with Spring boot as base. InfoSuite architecture today consists of some servlet based services, incl. one bigger monolith, which needs to be refactored, in both implementation and API. Specifically a migration to Spring security from a legacy implementation, is required. You’ll become part of a strong, stable and highly skilled team of 11 passionate designers, developers and testers located in Denmark, Kyiv and Kharkiv offices.
InfoSuite A/S develops, sells and implements Business Intelligence and Budgeting solutions for medium-sized companies in Denmark as well as internationally. InfoSuite headquarter is placed in Denmark. For more than 25 years, InfoSuite has delivered intelligent information for several thousand daily users. Our customers operate within a number of industries such as retail, distribution, manufacturing, utility, insurance and service.
In this job you will be given unique opportunity to display and extend our skills in the Spring ecosystem. We’re in the early phase of a migration from a legacy tech-stack with legacy XML protocol, into a state-of-the-art Spring based tech stack in a service based architecture. As this transition is in its early stage you’ll be a key player in this migration. Main initial responsibility in this integration will be to introduce Spring Security across entire system, incl. both user authentication and authorization as well as inter-service authentication and authorization. This requires deep knowledge and experience with use of these components of Spring, including the ability to introduce the new architecture to onboard other Full Stack Developers, but also sufficient experience from previous jobs, so that existing architecture can be analyzed and a transition plan can be described to product owner.
The migration will be an ongoing process over next years to come, where this will be your main responsibility. In between, or parallel with, different Spring transition phases, you will also participate in development process of features for the product.
Some of the migrations will impact client side as well, f.x. the migration to Spring security requires changes to the login UI, which you will also be responsible for implementation based on prototype done by UX designer in using web technologies.
Finally this is an exciting and unique opportunity to become part of a strong, stable and highly skilled team that develops a business intelligence platform covering the entire application stack, from database to frontend, using a wide spanning tech stack.
- Architect, design and implement Spring Boot based backend, applying misc. frameworks from the Spring ecosystem
- Refactor existing components, revising both API and implementation into state-of-the-art implementations
- Define and describe test cases for software developed
- Participate in code reviews as both reviewer and reviewee
- Be business oriented and be able to mitigate understanding of business requirements
- Significant experience with the Spring ecosystem and with developing on this platform
- Specifically experience with the Spring Boot, Security and Data
- Experience with designing REST APIs
- Experience with developed in and for distributed and multithreaded application environments
- Strong analytic skills and ability to think express and discuss ideas at high level
- Experience with Gradle and CI setups, preferably Jenkins
- Experience with relational DB modelling and SQL
- Experience with modern web UX development
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Academic IT education on at least bachelor level in Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with agile development frameworks
- Strong interest in new technologies is a prerequisite for this position
- Fundamental understanding of Business Intelligence domain
- Familiarity with web development using React
- Familiarity with desktop application development, incl. JavaFX or Swing
- Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility
- Acting as a Team player and having highly developed communication skills, both toward co-programmers and project manager
- Being committed to timely delivery of quality results
- Being innovative in his/her work
- Knowledge seeking, updated with regards to latest trends and technological directions in general
- Documenting own code and general functionality
What’s in it for you?
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Long term employment, with significant influence on own tasks
- Salary that matches qualifications
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates very good working conditions
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com