On behalf of Ciklum Digital Engineering Team, we are looking for a Middle Java Developer to join our team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Modulr is one of the UKs leading fintech scale-ups and the #2 fastest growing technology company in the UK, according to D&B. We are looking for a number of software engineers to join our rapidly expanding technology team. You will be part of a scaling business in a high-quality team that is working on new products and features while solving interesting technical challenges. In this role you will work in a cross- functional co-located team who are asked to solve a problem, rather than handed a task to do. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-growth environment with a fast- paced and collaborative culture where you will have access to the latest technologies.
Modulr is a vibrant FinTech scale-up who are rethinking business payments. We automate payment flows, embed payments within business platforms, and enable customers to build new payment products and services giving them a modern alternative to traditional banks. Our customers use a simple RESTful API which has processed over 70 million transactions with a value of over £60 billion to date.
We have attracted over £38 million in investment funding including £10m from Banking and Competition Remedies fund as well as venture capital from several firms including PayPal Ventures. Modulr was ranked 18th on LinkedIn’s 2019 Top Start-ups List in UK and we have won multiple awards and listing including Emerging Payments and FinTech50.
We have 9 teams in product and technology who deliver work in an Agile fashion. We use a mix of Agile methods and we don’t favour a particular one; we’d rather be open- minded and honest with what works for us. We prefer self-organising teams who work together to maximise the value we create.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment
- Taking part in the decision-making process in application code design, solution development, code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 3 years
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID)
- Database theory (RDBMS)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Design Patterns
- Understanding of network interactions:
- Conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- Authentication and authorization flows
- Standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Strong knowledge and experience in Java (ideally experience with Java 11) (more than 2 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API development
- Web application frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot Framework) (more than 1 years)
- Testing frameworks (e.g.e.g. JUnit, PowerMock, WiresMock) (more than 1 years)
- Java related Open Source technologies, such as Spring and Hibernate
- RDBMS (e.g MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle) (more than 1 years)
- Web Servers
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Experience of micro-services using SpringBoot or similar
- Understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Experience with:
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Knowledge in:
- TDD, BDD
- Architectural, Enterprise Patterns
- Security patterns, Common attacks types (OWASP)
- Deployment patterns
- Experience with:
- Troubleshooting, profiling and debugging applications
- Practical commercial experience with:
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Active MQ, AWS SQS, Azure Service Bus, Google Pub/Sub)
- Cloud solutions (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Serverless architecture
- Integration with 3rd party solutions
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch, CouchDB)
- Search Engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Azure Search, Apache Solr)
- Quality tools (e.g. SonarQube)
- Experience of building a high-performance services-based platform
What’s in it for you?
- Career growth opportunities
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and an enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programs
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with a warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com