On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
This interesting and challenging initiative involves designing, implementing and maintaining a complex Intelligence platform capable of processing multipart Big Data from various established vendors, managing such data in its totality to produce meaningful real-life investment-grade, event-signals for a leading US based private equity investor with focus in high-tech industry with portfolio that stretches across the globe. Ciklum has been actively and successfully involved in building and maintaining this AWS based product for over three years and is the lead systems integrator for the intelligent, predictive decision-making process and technology of the entire end-to-end marketing and decision-science platform that includes data ingestion, cleansing, standardizing, codifying, co-relating and making predictive decisions based on heuristic analytical models.
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales
- Responsible for design and implementation data integration pipelines on AWS Big Data tech stack, using Apache Spark, Hive, HBase, ELK, PostgreSQL
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- 3+ years contributing to production deployments of large backend data processing and analysis systems
- 2+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop ecosystem: Hive, Scala, Spark, SQL
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation and results visualization
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical usecases highly desirable
- 1+ years of experience in cloud data platforms (AWS)
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Good knowledge of data analysis in enterprises
- A curious mind and willingness to work with the client in a consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Intermediate + English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What’s in it for you?
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centres of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organisation to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org