On behalf of Seeking Alpha, Ciklum is looking for a Back End Team Lead (Ruby on Rails) to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
- Lead and mentor a team of talented backend engineers in a zero-downtime environment where code is deployed multiple times a day
- Own and lead new feature development, automation, testing and bug management
- Collaborate with projects managers, participate in design and planning discussions, contribute architecture ideas
- Write highly scalable, reusable and testable code
- Analyze and optimize existing codebase for maximum speed and performance
- 2+ years of proven experience in engineering management roles
- 5+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails framework
- Expert understanding of Ruby syntax, its nuances and core concepts. Ability to write clean, readable and scalable code
- Solid knowledge of database technologies (MySQL, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol and networking
- Proven knowledge of server-side architecture best practices, design patterns and data structures
- Ability to grasp new languages, systems and frameworks fast
- Knowledge of Agile principles, open-source ecosystem, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Cloud computing technologies and environments (AWS)
- Experience building complex API systems
- Good analytical skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, goal-driven
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Problem-solving mindset
- Good communication skills
What’s in it for you?
- Very close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Low bureaucracy, European management style
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com