On behalf of BigChange, Ciklum is looking for a Mobile iOS Developer to join our team.
BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is here for businesses of all sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises through to large blue-chip organisations. No matter your size or sector. BigChange is here to make a big difference to the way you work for the better.
App Developer Role
This role arises from BigChange being a rapidly growing mobile workforce management and enterprise resource planning business with over 1,600 business customers and 50,000+ users depending 24×7 on 99.9%+ availability and 100% security of our multi-tenanted, SaaS and mobile applications that process every aspect of their business and resource location minute-by-minute. A crucial aspect of the BigChange JobWatch system is access to rapidly growing data and functionality via its mobile apps.
The role is within the Innovation Team that is responsible for functional developments, enhancements and fixes to our customer/user-facing software including product management, back-office website development, and mobile device app development. The app development currently related to a 3 apps available in both Android and iOS for mobile workers, managers and the customers of our busines customers to manage field-based working. This includes app that provide field-based access to BigChange CRM, job management, stock management, document management, vehicle management and tracking, timesheets, expenses, and document libraries. Other apps provide management information, and customer ordering and order tracking.
The team all work from home. These roles are currently 2 other mobile app developers in the team.
Location of work: Home-based/Ciklum, Kiev
Reporting to: Software Engineer — app development lead
Any offer is subject to the successful candidate clearing Ciklum staff vetting process.
- Includes design, estimating, development, testing, bug fixing, documenting of apps for Andoid phones and tablets, and/or IoS devices
- Supports product management team in exploring and specifying app developments and enhancement
- Reviews functional specification, designs, software code and test providing clear written and verbal feedback to ensure quality of delivery
- Estimates and manages own workload
- Designs app UI, app software and app integration from functional, user experience, security, availability, performance and code maintainability perspectives
- Codes software to existing coding standards and improves code based on peer review
- Designs code to support programmatic unit tests, and steps through code exercise all aspects prior to commit
- Complies with best practice use of Git and Azure DevOps configuration management and build systems
- Investigates, documents and re-tests software defects and their resolution; working with urgency where there is business urgency
- Manage deadlines that are set by Chief Information Officer, Chief Innovation Officer & CTO, and Deputy CTO Participate in scrum calls and agile development
- Monitor and review product and technology developments in the industry and app development and presents new ideas to BigChange
- Liaise with the Testing Team, Product Management and Technical Teams to explore potential software defects and offer clarity and options and recommendation for resolution
- Considered security at each stage of product and software specification, development and testing and in compliance with the Secure Development Policy
- Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange
- Keep secret and maintain system access rights on assigned systems only and according to approved procedures only, maintaining accurate records and use multi-factor authentication and due safeguards for credentials
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution
- Be aware of and comply with the Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve
- Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you, and any personal equipment used to process BigChange data or access BigChange systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy
- Ensure BigChange personal data and secure information is protected by an effective set of controls. Security incidents relating to BigChange data is to be escalated to BigChange immediately upon discovery
- Android App development and/or iOS Xcode experience — 3 years’ commercial experience
- Experience of App architecture design
- Mobile App UI design
- Good knowledge of Android SDK’s and/or iOS
- Java — 3 years’ experience
- Kotlin — preferred
- Unit Testing: jUnit, mockito
- Experience with using RESTful API’s
- Experience with releasing apps on the Play Store and App Store
- Source control knowledge Git
- ‘can do’ approach, works to timescales
- Software architectures, development techniques, patterns
- Translation of business requirements into technical designs
- Hands-on experience of mobile app software development
- Test methodologies
- Cloud computing
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Good English
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence, and mileage whilst on business
- “Motivational Mondays” — inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org