On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Technology Stack: ML, Python, Azure ML
Client is an audio-first entertainment studio and independent audiobook publisher that finances, develops, produces and distributes immersive audio content.
While making an audiobook isn’t cheap it is crucial to know whether the audio book is going to be popular and successful or not. Client is looking to develop a tool which can predict the success of an audiobook depending on the success of the related online print book, genre, past experience and other data sources.
The Proof of Concept delivered was designed to test and evaluate the ability to use data for analysis of titles and predict which titles will be successful as audio books. Technology choices were made for speed in proving these hypotheses and not necessarily for the purposes of scaling. Client requested to enhance the product and focus on building out capability and improving usability, thereby enhancing accuracy.
Current objectives for the project include enhancing Client’s existing predictive analytics platform (‘Brenda’) and development of a web-application for data visualization purposes.
- Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of complex data sets
- Contribute to product features like offers, personalization, and recommender by analyzing complex data sets and developing algorithms to produce results that increase customer engagement
- Provide optimization recommendations that drive KPIs established by product, marketing, operations, PR teams, and others
- Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes
- Develop and deploy testing hypotheses and analyze test results, providing the necessary analytical rigor to ensure data quality, consistency, repeatability, and accuracy of insights
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Works directly with business analysts and data engineers to understand and support their usecases
- Contribute in CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, provide excellence in exercise and best practices
- 3 or more years experience in machine learning with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics or related field
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R and/or Python
- Client segmentation and cluster analysis task experience; recommender systems experience
- Regression and XGBoosting algorithms
- Relational, no-SQL, and/or columnar data experience
- Experience with SQL
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines
- Azure ML knowledge (or equivalent ML cloud platform experience)
- Statistical knowledge and intuition — ideally utilized in A/B testing
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Spark and Scala
- Programming experience with a scripting language such as C#, Perl, Java, or Ruby
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What’s in it for you?
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centres of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organiяation to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with client
- A constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com