On behalf of Via / Fleetonomy , Ciklum is looking for Senior Python Back End Developer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Via pioneers the TransitTech category by using new technologies to power public mobility systems, optimizing networks of dynamic shuttles, buses, wheelchair accessible vehicles, school buses, and autonomous vehicles around the globe. Building the world’s most efficient, equitable, and sustainable transportation network for all riders. At the intersection of transportation and technology, Via is a visionary market leader that combines software innovation with sophisticated service design and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves, with 150 global partners on six continents, and counting.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join and work at our R&D. The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Via’s production quality, cutting-edge server software and scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via’s ride sharing service in NYC and globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via’s dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides in mass scale.
- Being part of feature design and architecture design
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools. Designing and implementing POCs and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more
- You have 3+ years of backend programming experience in Python
- You have a solid background in an object oriented programming language
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms)
- You are not afraid of multi tasking and switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks
- You have experience working with remote teams
- Computer Science degree or similar
- Some experience with frontend development using Angular/React
- You are a fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods
- You are a team player with great communication skills
- You are pragmatic. When you hear about a difficult problem you are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve
- You are concise — you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way
- You are proficient in English
What’s in it for you?
- Close cooperation with client
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Continuous self-improvement
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com