On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Technology Stack: Python, SQL
Client is an audio-first entertainment studio and independent audiobook publisher that finances, develops, produces and distributes immersive audio content.
While making an audiobook isn’t cheap it is crucial to know whether the audio book is going to be popular and successful or not. Client is looking to develop a tool which can predict the success of an audiobook depending on the success of the related online print book, genre, past experience and other data sources.
The Proof of Concept delivered was designed to test and evaluate the ability to use data for analysis of titles and predict which titles will be successful as audio books. Technology choices were made for speed in proving these hypotheses and not necessarily for the purposes of scaling. Client requested to enhance the product and focus on building out capability and improving usability, thereby enhancing accuracy.
Current objectives for the project include enhancing Client’s existing predictive analytics platform (‘Brenda’) and development of a web-application for data visualization purposes.
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- 2+ years of experience coding in SQL, Java, Python, C# or Scala, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Storm, SQL and NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase and Cassandra
- 1+ years of experience in cloud data platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of SQL and MPP databases (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred.
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical usecases highly desirable
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in data science and machine learning
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- A curious mind and willingness to work with the client in a consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Intermediate + English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What’s in it for you?
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centers of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community
- Close cooperation with the client
- A constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com