On behalf of Tictrac (tictrac.com), Ciklum is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our team on a full-time basis.
At Tictrac we have a simple mission: to change the way people look after themselves, for good. We’re trying to achieve this via a multi-device health and lifestyle platform that provides users with lifestyle plans and support tailored to their wellbeing goals.
Our platform syncs with 100s of monitoring devices (think Fitbit, Jawbone etc.) and popular diet and fitness apps, allows users to compete in fitness challenges, and delivers goal-based programs designed with input from leading personal trainers and experts in behaviour change.
Rather than being supplied direct to consumers our platform is licensed, globally, by health, insurance and government organisations keen to engage their audience in lifestyle, fitness and wellbeing to reduce the risk of major health conditions.
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer with a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services and developing interfaces that will delight their users.
- Being a key stakeholder in the architecture, design and development of our android applications
- Implementing solutions and building applications for the Android platforms by translating business requirements and designs into high quality, reusable code
- Creating unit tests to verify functionality, usability and general reliability against specifications
- Diagnosing performance issues, troubleshooting issues reported by stakeholders, debugging and implementing code fixes to improve the application performance
- Publishing apps to the Google Play Store
- Working with cross-functional teams to produce and maintain internal and external-facing documentation
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the Android applications
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ideate, define, design and ship new features
- Participating in technical discussions and contributing to decision-making in relation to the Android platform
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, recommending and implementing new technologies to maximise development efficiency and product enhancements
- 5 years’ of experience developing Android applications
- Able to design, plan and implement complex technical solutions / architectures
- Native Java and Kotlin experience is essential
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Proven knowledge of Android material design guidelines, and best practices for the platform
- Track record of working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs in particular Dagger 2, Retrofit, GSON, Room and RXJava2
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Working knowledge of tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Jira etc
- Experience working with product management and UX/UI designers
- Advanced English skills
- Prior experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Ci / CD) technologies, specifically CircleCI and Jenkins
- Unit testing experience
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or another engineering related subject
- Committed to creating quality products
- Sound problem solving and debugging skills
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Can take ownership and work autonomously on large technical projects
- Consistently able to strike a good balance of technical tradeoffs and business priorities
- Demonstrable ability and willingness to think in terms of product / business as a whole
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and initiative
What’s in it for you?
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org