On behalf of Ongage, Ciklum is looking for Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
About Client:Ongage (ongage.com)
, established 8 years ago by a team of entrepreneurial professionals with a passion for email marketing in particular, and digital marketing in general. Their mission was to better email marketing. A component-based platform was born, powered by a feature-rich dashboard that hosts advanced segmentation tools and a full suite of analytics, ultimately helping marketers drive measurable growth and increase deliverability.
Now it is a leading SaaS company serving hundreds of worldwide customers in the email marketing and messaging arena. We help marketers create a consolidated and effective email marketing operation that is best suited to their needs. Our goal is a constant one: to make it simpler, quicker and cheaper for marketers to inbox great emails.
Ongage technology is high in scale, we enable delivery and and analytics of 4 Billion emails messages a month via APIs to tenth of partners, which are the biggest ESPs in the world. We manage 10 TB of Big Data, tenth of clusters of Redshift, Mongo DB. Out stack also include node.js, PHP, MySql (RDS), Redis, Memcached, AWS SQS, bash. With your help we plan to get into RabbitMQ, and React.js as well.
- Be the data engineering expert in a backend development team, lead the data processing projects, and guide other team members in the data world
- Be the “go to guy” for any aspect in the team related to data of SQL
- Build data pipeline and data processing processes with Amazon Kinesis, Lambda, Redshift, Athena, MySQL, SNS, SQS, Kinesis Data Analytics
- Build ETL processes involving data processing, CTAs, Redshift, Athena and MySQL
- In addition take part in other developments of backend team in Node.js/Typescript that are not necessarily data oriented, in many cases oriented to message queues processing
- Experience in 3 of the following AWS services: Redshift, Kinesis, Athena, Lambda
- Experience MySQL
- Extremely strong skills in relational databases and SQL.
- 4 + years of experience in either: Node.js, Python, Java
- Willingness to learn ad code in Node.js
- Experience in other technologies in our stack: RabbitMQ, Redis, SQS, SNS, MongoDB
- Experience in other data technologies that are not part of our stack currently: EMR, PrestoDB, Spark
- Great communication skills
- Ability understand product requirements
- Can do attitude
- Team Player
- Smart, exceptional
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a large scale system in terms of data processing, job queue processing and fair scale of API and with very little tolerance for system issues. We encounter interesting challenges on this aspect and developed several best practices to avoid issues
- We have fair amount of work in building new services from scratch
- We use interesting technologies like: Amazon Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, RabbitMQ, Redis/lua (Elasticache) as message queues, SQS
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Friendly and trusted environment where all ideas are heard
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com