On behalf of Dennis Publishing, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Automation QA Engineer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
The role involves working on both greenfield projects and on our portfolio of brands including Alphr.com, AutoExpress.co.uk, Evo.co.uk, TheWeek.co.uk, Carbuyer.co.uk, CloudPro.co.uk, ExpertReviews.co.uk, DenOfGeek.com, to develop and integrate front and back-end functionality using open source technologies.
Your inquisitive approach and technical discipline will allow you to effectively troubleshoot and identify solutions to complex problems, efficiently completing tasks on your own as well as collaborating positively across your team.
) is one of the UK’s top magazine and online publishers and one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers across the world. As the 6th largest consumer magazine publisher, Dennis has transformed its business from its traditional print publishing roots to a true multi-platform, award-winning media company, with a group turnover of over £130m.
The company has launched and owned some of the world’s biggest global magazine and online brands — including Alphr, Den of Geek, The Week and Buyacar. Today, Dennis is one of the most dynamic media companies in the UK. The company’s portfolio of over 30 brands operates in four areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology, Automotive and Lifestyle, reaching over 50million unique users and selling over 2.5million magazines every month.
Dennis won best ’Media Company’ of the year, and Buyacar won best ’Digital Product of the Year’, at last night’s British Media Awards!
General Dennis information and videos:
- As part of the role, you will be working with other developers for all things related to testing, as such, you will be expected to pair with a variety of teammates from DevOps Engineers, Developers as well as other QAs
- You should feel comfortable working with Agile-Scrum or similar methodology or using Kanban and working within a fast paced continuous delivery focused environment
- As part of the role, you will be able to work on multiple projects based on urgency and priority
- Testing Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, TDD/BDD
- Automation Tools: Behat, Mink, Selenium
- Integration Tools: Jenkins
- Defect Tracking Tools: Jira
- Version Control: GitHub
- Other Tools: PHPStrom, Code
- Good Automation skills for developing BDD tests using Puppeteer or Webdriver.io
- Strong BDD and Agile practitioner to improve the quality of testing
- Experience in using version control systems e.g. Github
- Good experience in maintaining a Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to use frameworks such as Cucumber or Gherkin to write BDD tests
- Ability to execute and manage to test for frequent releases
- Willingness to troubleshoot, analyse, isolate defects and report them to a bug tracking database (JIRA)
- Experience of incorporating test stages into the continuous delivery pipeline
- Experience around good test case automation practices within a complex product environment
- Ability to check the tasks/tickets Acceptance Criteria after the development
- Experience and Understanding of all testing methodologies and test artifacts
- Bringing the testing mindset into planning sessions and ensuring the testing effort is captured and recognised
- Passionate about quality delivery and in improving the quality of our products
- Ability to catch bugs or fixing failing test cases early in the development life cycle and ensure the quality of the product is maintained to a high standard
What’s in it for you?
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- A challenging function, with a lot of responsibility in a unique dynamic environment
- Work with new technologies using best development practices
- Work with skilled and professional team
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Competitive salary
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org