On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a PHP Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
How do we work
We follow Kanban in our day to day work, including daily stand ups, refinement sessions, retrospectives etc.
We communicate closely with our colleagues (Product Owners, engineers, business stakeholders) from the Netherlands and Germany.
We control the quality and standards of our code base by regular code reviews and automated tests. We use market standard tools — JIRA, Confluence, GitLab, Slack.
You are responsible for developing well-engineered, robust, cutting-edge, high quality software solutions and platforms, in line with business needs and strategy and in accordance with the project plan, specifications and IT standards. Owning the quality of the respective deliverables.
Build IT solutions and platforms to ensure customer satisfaction and/ or contribute to profitability of JustEatTakeaway.com.
These are some of your responsibilities:
- Design, code and test technical solutions independently, according to predetermined specifications
- Understand the wider technological landscape and how changes will have an impact
- Ensure failures are minimised
- Help with developing specifications
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend standard/simple solutions
- Work independently and coach less experienced colleagues
- Understand stakeholder needs, anticipate stakeholder needs and present potential solutions
- Strong knowledge in OOP, SOLID principles, experience in applying them
- Experience with development production-ready solutions
- 1+ years of experience with PHP 5.6
- 2+ years experience with PHP 7, strong knowledge in language-specific features
- 2+ years experience with MySQL
- 1+ year experience with MVC framework Laravel
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience in writing tests using (PHPUnit/Codeception)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with caching systems (Redis/Memcache)
- Comfortable with Linux/Mac environment
- Experience with Kafka
- Understanding of application security and industry standards and best practices
- Ability to work independently and being able to resolve complex issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English.
- Continuous improvement
What’s in it for you?
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- Regular hackathons — use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org