Ciklum is looking for a Head of Engineering to join our team on a full-time basis.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to be a part of a growing business in the software engineering industry. As part of Ciklum Digital leadership team, this person will set up technical strategy, develop and maintain technology roadmap for the organization. This person will drive 800+ FTE engineering efforts that combine wide-spread and innovative technologies to delivery on client expectations, ensure excellence and alignment between all functional disciplines
The perfect candidate would be a high-performance multi-national leader, able to lead and deliver to challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with experience in building a world class service delivery team to service multiple clients across varied solutions and products around the world.
- Leads the technology Centers of Excellence(COEs) and collaborates with other business departments in Agile delivery, Recruitment, Sales, marketing, and finance to ensure supply and demand balance of resources and projects are delivered in line with corporate goals
- Leads the engineering teams and COEs in the quality review of all projects, architectural patterns and delivery management and helps the project teams in achieving and exceeding the departmental expectations and goals
- Stays abreast of leading and cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices
- Identifies and establishes the adoption of new technology and evolves the existing engineering stream to deliver across the entire delivery lifecycle
- Take the lead with a profound understanding of new and relevant technologies for the purpose of clearly identifying the future growth practices and devising corporate and operational strategy
- Develops strategic plans for all the engineering related COEs and establishes the business’s technical vision that guides all aspects of technological development
- Plays a leading role in the recruiting activities of the engineering department in order to ensure consistency in departmental efficiency
- Responsible for the management of the department’s staffing, resources, and mentoring, and maintaining a best-in-class engineering department and rolling out these standards to the COEs
- Oversees the strategic deployment of the departmental resources leading to optimal resource allocation and the smooth and successful development of the COEs
- Provides a strong vision for the engineering department and promotes the best organizational patterns and practices
- Manages the execution of software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans effectively from an engineering perspective
- Responsible for the overall software development life-cycle and associated handoffs with Delivery and product teams
- Works closely with project technical teams in ensuring that systems meet the overall business requirements and Ciklum standards of development
- Reports on status of utilization, employee morale and attrition with the assistance of HR professionals
- 12+ years in IT Service Delivery or Technology roles
- 5+ years of hands-on technical management experience at a rapidly scaling company, leading 800+ employees end-to-end delivery practice
- Proficiency in implementation of multiple programming languages, DevOps toolchains, Cloud infrastructure, etc.
- Experience in technical delivery of several large scale projects within organizations with multiple dependencies across teams
- Extensive experience in ecommerce and banking/financial services industry would be a plus
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Excellent business awareness and solid analytical skills
- Excellent Business consulting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with great attention to detail
- Ability to be effective in a matrix environment
- Proficient in leading team efforts
- Excellent communication skills and documentation skills
- Excellent client liaison and facilitation skills
- Ability to originate new projects with existing clients through understanding of client business needs
What’s in it for you:
- Possibility to strategically influence the development of a large-scale international business
- Unique working environment, opportunity to build an engineering function from scratch, serving world class companies on managing delivery challenges
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Competitive compensation package
- Ciklum’s commitment to providing support to your professional growth within the organization
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org