On behalf of CGI, Ciklum is looking for a Linux System Administrator to join the Kharkiv team on a full-time basis.
You’ll be a part of professional, smart and friendly team. We are Magento focus, screening the market potential for new technologies and product/platform opportunities such as E-commerce, CMS. You will have opportunities to take part in development of highly customized and integrated (SOAP, REST Web APIs, Microservices etc.) E-commerce Magento platforms for large worldwide leading brands. We are using Amazon Web Services (AWS) based cloud computing infrastructure for E-commerce (auto-scaling, balancing and billing). Starting in 2012 we actively develop mobile Apps and use mobile browsing development.
With more than 75000 employees worldwide CGI is one of the world’s largest pure play IT service companies (number 1 in Canada, 4 in USA, 7 worldwide). We are focused on IT consulting, system integration, eBusiness, eCommerce in industrial, retail, telecommunication, manufacturing and financial areas.
- Administration of Linux-based servers
- Monitoring of servers and services
- Commissioning of new servers
- Web performance optimization
- Customer support
- Analysis and elimination of problems
- Concepts of new, highly available environments
- University degree in IT area or related education
- 2+ years of experience is a must
- Intermediate or higher level of spoken English
- Sense of responsibility, commitment, curiosity and willingness to learn
- Very good knowledge of Linux environment, preferable Gentoo Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Good knowledge of server optimization specifically for the web applications operation
- Knowledge of one or several fields: high availability, load balancing, monitoring, LDAP, web server, data bases, caching, storage and mail server services
- Experience with Jenkins
- Upon system design you keep such items as security, performance, scalability and availability in mind
- Experience in virtualization environment under Linux
- Preferably have experience in Puppet, Nagios, Jira, Confluence, Varnish, Nginx, Memcached, Redis
- Preferably have experience in administration of web-based eCommerce applications such as Magento and Hybris
- Preferably have experience in programming languages Python and PHP
What’s in it for you?
- E-Commerce System: working on projects for larger European and global retailers and brands
- Magento — global brand: Fastest growing ecommerce platform in the world, Open Source, PHP based, but JAVA like, best of breed technology
- Innovating approaches (cloud computing; possibility to build a career in the area of interest- mobile...)
- SaaS- Software as a Service, PaaS-Platform as a Service, IaaS-Infrastructure as a Service (Cloud Computing) for Magento everything,some innovative ecommerce concepts, tools, services to come this year, as well as an own mobile product for e-commerce and mc-ommerce.
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org