On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a SOC Engineer for our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
The Service Operations Team are responsible for the primary operation & availability of JUST EATs platforms and services around the world. The team are responsible for identifying and resolving issues in production (ideally before they become visible to customers) and working with the wider engineering community to ensure we chase down and mitigate areas of risk.
Based in our Mission Control centres in Bristol, Kyiv & Winnipeg the SOC Team work in a 4 on 4 off shift pattern to ensure that we have cover during our peak trading periods in all the markets we operate in.
You’ll be working as part of the Platform & Reliability Engineering department to help define and shape the future of our platform and services. You’ll operate global AWS Platforms at scale, we’ll provide the training and support to help you do that.
About Client:Just Eat Takeaway.com
is the world leader in online takeaway ordering — processing millions of orders across 24 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat Takeaway is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour’ as we embark on creating the world’s greatest food community.
Following the merge of Justeat and Takeaway.com in 2019, the company is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have more than 8000 employees. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat Takeaway the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
You can read more about us at: www.justeattakeaway.com
- Monitoring our production environments and reacting fast to prevent or reduce customer visible impact.
- Accurate Escalation of incidents when required
- Communication of production issues to key stakeholders
- Troubleshooting, reproducing and mitigating issues in our production environments
- Incident management of high severity issues impacting our sites and services 24 by 7
- Creating automation and tooling for the SRE team to improve our processes
- Working on the Platform & Reliability Engineering backlog to improve how we operate our services in production
- Supporting service prior to go-live through pre-launch reviews
- Participating in Wargames to test our operational response and Identify areas of weakness in our platforms.
- Incident Management experience
- Strong Troubleshooting, problem-solving and investigative skills
- Experience operating a production environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in an agile environment to deliver software
- Experience of Scripting / Automation
- Worked with C# .net, Java, Python, Ansible
- Experience of ELK, Splunk, Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana
- Experience of AWS or Other cloud providers
- Used APM Tools in production before
- Operated a production Windows or Linux Environment
- Experience of working in an Agile Environment
- Worked a shift pattern before
What’s in it for you?
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons — use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org