On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a Senior .NET Engineer for our team in Kiev on a full-time basis.
About Client:Just Eat Takeaway (just-eat.com)
is the world leader in online takeaway ordering — processing millions of orders across 24 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat Takeaway is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour’ as we embark on creating the world’s greatest food community.
Following the merge of Justeat and Takeaway.com in 2019, the company is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have more than 8000 employees. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat Takeaway the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
Every member of the Technology Team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our e-commerce platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
We don’t divide responsibility for development and operation of our platform, so you and your team will support the changes you make all the way through to operating successfully in production at peak times. Our product development teams are growing because we have a huge number of ideas of how to improve the experience customers and restaurants have. As an Engineer you will need to play a key role in turning those ideas into reality. You’ll need to:
- Track the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently communicate that progress to your team and Technology Manager
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective
- Contribute to the definition of product features, including in workshops with other product development teams
- Communicate the technical work of your team to other product development teams
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well — and continue to work well — in production
If you are a Senior Engineer, we also expect that you:
- Will become a trusted technical authority and specialist in one or more technical areas of your team. You’ll be someone the rest of the team and your Technology Manager can turn to for engineering advice and guidance
- Collaborate with other product development teams and use their feedback as a basis for improvements
- Write technically sound, clean, maintainable code — with practical application of established patterns and practices
- C#, ASP.NET — preferably using .NET Core
- Design and development of REST API architectures
- Development within event driven or Microservices Architecture
- Relational (such as SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL) and non-relational (such as DynamoDB, Redis) databases
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery cycle
- Experience supporting your software in production
- History of successful remote collaboration
- Familiarity with range of Agile software delivery practices (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
- Understanding of distributed source control systems e.g. Git
What’s in it for you?
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons — use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org