On behalf of Motorway, Ciklum is looking for Senior Back End Developer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
This is a varied role where you’ll work on everything from architecting new features to performance optimisation; and on apps designed for consumers through to expert users.
It’s an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup in the early stages, build amazing products with a high degree of influence, and change an industry.
is reinventing how cars are bought and sold online. Our mission is to bring the car industry into the future through ground-breaking products and best in class technology. Founded in 2017 we are growing rapidly and power thousands of vehicle transactions every month.Our key products are:
- The first comparison website for selling your car (motorway.co.uk), enabling sellers to compare multiple real time offers from car buying companies and sell their car in 24 hours. This is a high scale web application with 350,000 users per month
- An online marketplace for used cars (pro.motorway.co.uk) where professional dealers can search, view and bid on vehicles for sale. This is a brand new product with an aggressive roadmap to develop into a full B2B SaaS tool
- The technical platform that manages vehicle, seller and buyer data and powers our user-facing web apps. The platform deals with large volumes of data and interfaces with dozens of third party APIs and services
- Solving interesting performance and caching problems as our traffic continues to scale
- Developing the code and business logic for the backend platform that powers the whole business
- Organising and structuring platform code to make it highly efficient, maintainable and reusable
- Working with third party APIs and web services (REST, SOAP, etc.) to provide real-time valuations and submit vehicle and customer information to car buyers
- Working with our data layer (PostgreSQL & Redis), helping to make changes to the schema and creating tools and reports to help us understand our performance
- Working with our infrastructure (currently Heroku and AWS) to scale as we grow, and provide the highest possible performance
- Working in our flat-structured development team, and getting involved in the technical and product strategy of the business
- Working closely with front-end, design and product teams to support client apps
- Championing and implementing software development best practices to ensure our code is high quality, well-tested, scalable and secure
You’ll perform this role across all our collection of microservices (node.js with Express and Sequelize) that power our user-facing applications through RESTful APIs.
- A degree in Computer Science; or a maths, science or engineering subject
- At least four years of commercial experience working with web apps, websites and APIs in a production environment
- Experience working with relational databases and NoSQL databases, including complex queries and performance optimization
- Experience configuring, deploying and monitoring apps and websites on PaaS services such as Heroku or AWS
- Experience working with version control, automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience of agile software development practices and working collaboratively in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for technology and software, demonstrated by personal projects, blog posts or contributions to open source projects
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to work hard, both on your own and as part of a team
- Ambition to develop and be the best at what you do
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a rapidly growing startup at the early stage
- Have a competitive salary
- Have the opportunity for fast career progression
- Build products that will change an entire industry
- Develop your skills and experience rapidly, and get ongoing training and support
- Work with people that are passionate about what they do
- Have the opportunity for paid visits to our offices in London
- Enjoy regular social events
Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org