On behalf of SkyCell, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our growing Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
About the project
You’ll be working on improving and extending the SkyCell platform that collects sensor data, helps managing its container fleet and ultimately will fully automate its shipping workflows. This involves a lot of data management, process automation and working on business logic. Relatively soon it will also tackle optimization of its shipping routes where it will need more mathematical-minded people that are familiar with
About the company
SkyCell is a young, process-oriented and quality-conscious company in growth, which has set itself the goal of transporting temperature-sensitive medicines in a more reliable and sustainable way. Long story short, they help save lives and preserve the environment.
SkyCell reduces complexity and risk with a highly innovative airfreight container solution, developed and manufactured in Switzerland, that allows pharma companies to optimize their supply chain by reducing, and even predicting, the risk of delivering sensitive drugs by air. They combine IT, R&D and Logistics to transform the decades-old global pharma cold supply chain, using a growing pool of over ¾ of a billion data-points to enable a market leading failure rate of less than 0.1% whilst reducing CO₂ emissions by almost half. You’ll be working on improving and extending the SkyCell platform that collects sensor data, helps managing its container fleet and ultimately will fully automate its shipping workflows. This involves a lot of data management, process automation and working on business logic. Relatively soon it will also tackle optimization of its shipping routes where it will need more mathematical-minded people that are familiar with
You’ll be working on a virtually legacy-free, modern tech stack and a microservices based, future-ready architecture that supports different clients, from portals to rich web clients to apps.
• Design and implement high-quality server-side code and meet coding standards
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• Develop API interfaces based on JavaEE, Solr / Lucene and/or SQL
• Make sure produced code is secure, stable and operating efficiently
• Provide your expertise and architectural assistance to other team members
• Work in agile environment with modern Java technologies
• Support the system / team in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
• Scout for and experiment with new technologies
• 4+ years of application development experience in Java web development (JEE)
• Knowledge of JavaEE server platforms such as Apache TomEE or similar is a plus
• Experience with GIT as a versioning tool
• Experience with Lucene / Solr and SQL is a plus
• Proficient skills with tools used in software development lifecycle, such as IntelliJ, JIRA, GitLab, Maven, etc.
• Experience with modern agile software development (Continuous Integration, Automation Testing)
• Experience catering for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
• Upper-Intermediate level of English
• Creativity, commitment, and team orientation
• Solution and client orientation with a high degree of responsibility and quality awareness
• Efficient, getting-things-done mentality, capability to deliver quality on time
What’s in it for you?
• SkyCell IT department is young, dynamic and flexible. It is open for change and is grateful for your ideas and provide room for trying out things
• You’ll have possibilities to grow and develop professionally
• Work for a truly international company with a very strong international brand
• Occasional business trips to Switzerland
• Long-term employment with Ciklum with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
• Ciklum offers state of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates good working conditions
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centers in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to email@example.com