On behalf of Tubular Labs, Ciklum is looking for DevOps Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
We’re a team of hybrid software/systems engineers that work on infrastructure at Tubular Labs. You’ll be supporting our other engineering teams (application team, ingestion teams and backend teams) in building scalable infrastructure. You will also be the owner of your own services; including data stores, tools and other infrastructure components and get a lot of autonomy to make the right decision for them. You’ll dive into, learn and get up to speed with new technologies and development languages. You’ll be able to make an impact in a small team that’s part of a growing startup.
• AWS, Terraform
• Mesos, SaltStack, Consul, Vault
• Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark
• Python, Scala & Go
Challenges/tasks that you may tackle:
• Help move services to containers
• Prepare and hold a game day where we will chaos test a technology you own
• Troubleshoot a performance impact to any system at Tubular Labs
Tubular Labs is at the forefront of the digital video revolution. Tubular’s products ingest information about online videos across major social platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, etc) and make this information available via an intuitive and analytically insightful single-page web application and restful API, all while aiming to provide sub-second response times.
Every day, millions of new videos are uploaded across these social platforms. The upload and consumption rates of online video are growing exponentially over time. We’re looking for top-notch engineers to help us solve some of these challenging big data problems.
• Python 3.7, Scala
• ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis, Spark + S3
• Apache Kafka, Thrift, Consul
• AWS, Terraform, Salt, Jenkins, Mesos/Kubernetes, Docker
• Influx, ELK
• We believe in trust, transparency, and collaboration so we know our problems and working together on solving various challenges. We like sharing wins and open to learn from mistakes
• We measure success by customer satisfaction. By applying learn/adapt/advance principle we strive to provide smooth experience with unique video industry insights
• We love to learn and open to new ideas. We switched from Hadoop to S3, from Hive to Spark, from monolith to microservices, from RabbitMQ to Kafka. All these transitions (and others) came from engineer suggestions. Your ideas will likewise be heard
• We believe that online video industry is huge part of the future and what we do at Tubular is unique and contributing to the growth of the industry. Your contributions will enable us to accomplish this goal
• Collaborate with other software engineers on new projects that move the company forward by being part of cross-functional teams
• Be a calm and confident authority on the components you own, like our application infrastructure, Consul service-discovery system, Kafka distributed streaming, on-demand Apache Spark clusters run through Mesos, and everything in between
• Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
• Our Linux based infrastructure includes Python, SaltStack, Jenkins, Mesos, Consul, Kafka, Cassandra, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Spark
• Experience running services on AWS and the cost / performance tradeoffs that can be made
• Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing, and associated trade-offs
• Strong verbal and written English
What’s in it for you?
• Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
• Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
• S. Business trips
• Competitive salary
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum’s employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams.
Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Join Ciklum and “Cross the Borders” together with us!
If you are interested — please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org