On behalf of Planorama, Ciklum is looking for Middle Software Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
You will be part of an international team involved in building analytics services on top of Planorama photo-recognition technology.
We use node.js stack extensively, mongodb as our primary data store and microservices architecture, to deliver data to our FMCG clients and partners in more than 30 countries.
As part of our development process we use GitHub, code reviews, JIRA and Amazon Web Services. We process 1 — 1.5 million photos per month, so we need to be efficient in building our solutions.
We constantly improve our services and build new ones, so you definitely won’t be bored.
Founded in 2009, Planorama has successfully established itself as the market leader in image recognition solutions for the retail industry, helping consumer goods manufacturers such as Coca Cola, Mondelez or Unilever to improve their sales force effectiveness and boost sales thanks to accurate and comprehensive in-store data collection.
Planorama is an international company with more than 120 employees serving clients in more than 40 markets, through its offices in France, Hungary, United States, Brazil, Singapore, Germany, United Kingdom and South Africa. The diversity of our team, comprising 15 nationalities, combined with our constant goal of reaching excellence, allows us to effectively carry out complex international projects.
• Create multi-level solutions to process the results of image recognition
• Use React/Redux to deliver good looking and scalable UIs
• Write robust code to handle big data volumes from MongoDB. We use streams, queues, long-running processes
• Scale existing services (we are growing rapidly), split and create new ones when needed
• Make architectural decisions together with other team members, to make sure the communication between services is done in less than no time
• React/Redux experience more than 1 year
• NodeJs experience more than 1 year
• Experience with node streams, functional programming, generators, promises, ES2015 and API-driven development
• ExpressJS and MongoDB
• Unit testing (Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Enzyme etc.)
• Strong in Linux / Unix: must be comfortable in terminal
• Excellent communication and relationship skills and have a “can-do” attitude
• Real world experience using microservices
• Angular / Ember experience is a plus
• highland.js, mongoose, ejs, experience is a plus
• AWS / Docker experience is a plus
• Experience with npm automation scripts
What’s in it for you?
• 100% covered medical insurance
• MacBook Pro, if desirable
• Regular business trips to client’s offices
• Regular team buildings
• Attending node.js conferences
• A young and dynamic team
• Few hierarchical levels, startup spirit
• Motivating technical constraints
• Full stack competence, mixing frontend and backend development
• An international environment
• State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you’ll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!