Children of Heroes is a Ukrainian start up charity fund helping children who have lost one or both parents due to the Russian war in Ukraine. Our goal is to enable and support the Children of Heroes to be the best representatives of the Ukrainian nation and integrate them into the global community.
Our vision is to help the Children of Heroes as they grow up, without parents, to find their way, despite loss, adversity, and trauma, to grow up and achieve their greatest potential in life — both personally and professionally. We envisage that the thousands of children in our care will eventually be able to lead happy, healthy, and successful lives, achieving academic excellence and career success.
Children of Heroes charity fund is seeking a Webmaster.
- Coordinates a team of developers, designers, copywriters, and external partner agencies to implement regular content updates on the website.
Ensures optimal testing is conducted across browsers, operating systems, and devices to maintain website functionality and incorporate the latest UX best practices.
- Optimizes loading speeds and capacity, scaling website capabilities with the organization’s growth.
- Debugs pages and ensures the website contains no broken links, missing imagery, and all pages are up-to-date and operational at all times.
- Implements cybersecurity measures to protect both donor data and organizational data.
- Reviews SEO best practices regularly to improve website ranking.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes site performance, proposing solutions and innovations.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of emerging trends in web design and development to continually improve the website.
- Develop and maintain website analytics to monitor website performance, identify areas for improvement, and track user behavior.
- Conduct user testing and focus groups to gain insights into user preferences and improve website usability.
- Develop and maintain a content strategy to ensure that website content is relevant, engaging, and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that the website aligns with the organization’s messaging and branding guidelines.
- Working closely with the social media team, ensure that social sharing features of the website and all web pages remain optimized for sharing and external links.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest web design and development technologies and trends, and implement them where appropriate to improve website functionality and user experience.
- Direct experience with WordPress platform — candidate to provide portfolio/samples of past websites as well as an assessment of the childrenheroes.org web presence as part of their application
- Strong knowledge of Google Tag Manager with prior experience integrating analytics, tracking pixels as well as other essential measurement tools/platforms (e.g., Hotjar and similar heat-mapping tools)
- Up-to-date knowledge of UX design and UI best-practices
- Strong familiarity with content management best practices and SEO
- Ability to lead internal team members and external agency partners as well as delegate tasks effectively
- Knowledge of legal best practices and image rights
- Start-up experience or direct experience scaling a business preferred
- Project management experience, or elements of project management from past roles, desired
- Prior experience with Fundraise Up platform and fundraising platforms with Ukrainian-language support are a plus
- Must be a native Ukrainian speaker
- Fluent in English with past working experience as part of an international team where English was a primary working language
Critical Soft Skills:
- A thought leader that is focused on continuous improvement and active engagement
- Strong judgment, risk assessment ability, and sense of urgency
- Collaborative, open to feedback, and proactive in providing solutions
- Effective and responsive communicator with diplomacy, tact, and sense of “greater good”
What we propose:
- Work in a fast-growing international start up non-profit with a great noble purpose
- Full-time role
- Remote work
- Medical insurance
- Mental health support program
- Official employment