Cere Network is the first Decentralized Data Cloud (DDC) platform built on Substrate and Polygon. Cere is the first Web3 project that facilitates trustless cloud data storage, integration, and data collaboration across blockchain networks and Web3 NFT, metaverse, and gaming content. Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon.
What do we look for
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Cere, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our fast-paced work environment, where we default to quick iterations, critical thinking, and sound judgments because we play only to succeed. Second, we seek people with the desire to share their expertise and the capacity to extend their knowledge to drive innovation. Finally, we seek candidates who can commit to a greater goal; unite as a team to reach something no one could have done on their own.
About the Role
As a Blockchain Engineer at Cere, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting a distributed blockchain-based network. Your primary responsibility will be to analyze requirements, design blockchain technology around a specific business model, and build a decentralized network. You will also be expected to:
— Develop blockchain node and smart contracts with ink! and FRAME for Substrate based Blockchain
— Develop smart contracts with Solidity for Ethereum/Polygon Blockchain
— Design complex protocols and trustless interactions between many network actors;
— Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve;
— Maintain and extend current client- and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic;
— Be involved in the global blockchain community — work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals;
— Develop strong written English communication skills by documenting everything, from design to implementation to process and beyond.
— 5+ years of engineering experience;
— 2+ years experience developing smart contracts or blockchain node or consensus protocols;
— Experience with Rust Programming Language;
— Familiarity with cryptography concepts;
— Familiarity with P2P networks, high throughput, and robust services;
— Superior knowledge of blockchains/consensus protocol;
— Strong understanding of concurrency, writing efficient and safe multithreaded code;
— Experience working with open-source projects;
— Strong knowledge of standard algorithms and data structures.
Nice to have:
— Experience in cryptography and/or secure protocols;
— 1+ years experience with any Substrate based Network.
You’ll be joining a fantastic, multinational team that was gathered by Silicon Valley veterans with 50 years of experience from Amazon, Twitch,
* Financial Employee Incentives — With the $CERE token fueling our ecosystem, team members will get multiple financial incentives along the way. Together as a team, we work for one goal: 100 million blockchain users
* Multinational, High-Performance Team — Join a highly multi-cultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Berlin, Minsk and several locations in Asia.
* Be flexible in your work — Morning person? Or a night owl? At Cere you can plan your work accordingly. Take control over your own agenda and plan your work around your life, not the other way around.
* Highly Skilled Team — Ever wondered what is it like to work with a team full of Silicon Valley veterans? At Cere you get the opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry. Whether that’s our crypto-savvy marketers, creative HR wizards or amazing developers.
* Work equipment — In order to perform at your highest level, you will need the right equipment. Cere has multiple policies to make your WFH office a paradise, or pimp up your desk in one of our offices. You decide.
* Keep learning — In the ever-changing world that is blockchain, we need our employees to stay up-to-date with the latest developments. Cere helps you out with multiple deep dives, presentations, trips and other events to increase your knowledge.