• Extensive experience (3+ years) of managing, optimizing and monitoring large MySQL databases
• Experience implementing robust backup strategies
• Experience with NoSQL databases, search technologies, such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, etc
• Experience of providing database design and architecture advice to developers
• Excellent Linux server administration skills
• Excellent English language skills
• Message/job queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
• System automation tools, such as Ansible
Competitive pay with yearly salary review.
We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success with regular training and conference opportunities, we also like to have fun with regular team building days which include activities like paragliding, quad biking and sailing to name but a few!
We offer paid holidays dependent on location and contract (plus public holidays) and you get a day off for your birthday too.
You have the option to spend six working days of each year volunteering at a charity of your choice.
Every team member enters into our company bonus scheme which is worth up to 20% of your annual salary.
Every team member also gets access to private healthcare.
Throughout COVID the team have been working remotely to avoid spreading the virus.
BrightLocal has remained profitable throughout the pandemic with no redundancies and no team members placed on furlough. We’re incredibly fortunate and remain on track to hit our revenue and growth goals in 2021.
• Provision MySQL instances and set up/manage replication
• Ensure performance, security and availability of databases
• Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc
• Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
• Provide DB architectural advice to developers
• Help to plan and horizontally scale our data (MySQL, NoSQL)
• Support NoSQL DB installations (planning, optimization, backup, restore, etc)
BrightLocal (brightlocal.com) is a SaaS platform providing marketing analytics data for digital marketing agencies.
We have over 4,500 customers and work with big brands such as Hilton, Nandos and Ikea. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their local online performance to deliver greater traffic & new customers.
Launched in 2009 we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research & webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian and the Wall Street Journal.
We employ over 175 people across 4 countries — UK, USA, Ukraine & Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub.
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are: