• Go (golang)
• PHP and solid understanding of OOP concepts
• MySQL or other similar relational databases and ability to write complex SQL queries and troubleshoot database performance issues
• Cassandra and ElasticSearch systems including backup and recovery, security and maintenance
• Developing solutions that utilise message/job queues (utilising RabbitMQ, Gearman, beanstalkd or other similar software)
• Day to day use of Linux on both the desktop and server
• Networking, DNS, load balancing etc
• Server and network monitoring and management tools
• Automated deployment tools, e.g. Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
• Good understanding of application security
• Testing and writing unit tests
• Git (and in particular GitHub) — very comfortable branching, creating pull requests and merging
• Strong command of English (both written and spoken) — you’ll be working with project managers and developers from the UK and Ukraine on a daily basis so this is essential
• Passion for development
• Up-to-date knowledge of current development and programming trends
• Self-motivated and good at managing your time
• Able to quickly resolve issues as they arise
• Meticulous attention to detail and overall product quality
Any experience with the following would be beneficial:
• Time series databases
• Competitive pay with yearly salary review and bonuses for great performance
• 20 days paid holiday per year + public holidays and an extra paid day off on your birthday, paid sick days
• Yearly training budget to attend conferences, courses and to buy relevant programming books. International conferences our developers have attended include dotGo and dotScale and dotScale in Paris, and SymfonyCon in Madrid and Berlin.
• Interesting and challenging work and the chance to work with a wide range of technologies.
• Professional and knowledgeable colleagues.
• A stable, profitable company that’s managed from the UK
• A modern, quiet and comfortable workplace
• Free English lessons every week in the office
• A plentiful supply of coffee, cookies and fruit in the office!
• Developing system tools and web services in Go
• Developing wrapper services in PHP
• Design and development of practical big data solutions
• Management of development and live server networks and software
BrightLocal (brightlocal.com) is a SaaS platform providing marketing analytics data for digital marketing agencies.
We have over 3,000 active SEO customers who depend on BrightLocal for accurate data to help them optimize the performance of their local-business clients to deliver higher traffic & leads.
Launched in 2009 we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research & webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform.
We employ 120 people across 4 countries — UK, USA, Ukraine & Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub comprising of Marketing, Customer Success, Product & Project Management and Operations. Our technical team is based in central Kyiv, Ukraine.