We’re looking for an experienced Go Developer who is excited by the challenge of working closely with our product team to design and plan complex technical solutions and then work collaboratively with other Go and PHP developers to bring those plans to life.
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience in software development
• Experience in implementing microservices
• Extensive experience of Go
• Experience with one or more scripting languages
• MySQL, PostgreSQL or other similar relational databases and ability to write complex SQL queries and troubleshoot database performance issues
• Day to day use of Linux on both the desktop and server
Networking, DNS, load balancing etc
• Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms
• Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
• Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Server and network monitoring and management tools
• Good understanding of application security
• Testing and writing unit tests
• Git (and in particular GitHub) — very comfortable branching, creating pull requests and merging
• Excellent English language skills
• Message/job queues (utilising software such as RabbitMQ)
• ClickHouse, Redis
• System automation tools, such as Ansible or Puppet
Competitive pay with yearly salary review.
We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success with regular training and conference opportunities, we also like to have fun with regular team building days which include activities like paragliding, quad biking and sailing to name but a few!
We offer paid holidays dependent on location and contract (plus public holidays) and you get a day off for your birthday too.
You have the option to spend six working days of each year volunteering at a charity of your choice.
Every team member enters into our company bonus scheme which is worth up to 10% of your annual salary.
Every team member also gets access to private healthcare.
Throughout COVID the team have been working remotely to avoid spreading the virus.
BrightLocal has remained profitable throughout the pandemic with no redundancies and no team members placed on furlough. We’re incredibly fortunate and remain on track to hit our revenue and growth goals in 2021.
BrightLocal (brightlocal.com) is a SaaS platform providing marketing analytics data for digital marketing agencies.
We have over 5,000 customers and work with big brands such as Hilton, Nandos and Ikea. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their local online performance to deliver greater traffic & new customers.
Launched in 2009 we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research & webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian and the Wall Street Journal.
We employ 180+ people across 4 countries — UK, USA, Ukraine & Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub.
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are: