• HTML5 technologies
• Understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP2
• Frontend build tools (npm, gulp, grunt, Less, Sass)
• Good working knowledge of at least one of next frameworks/libraries: React, jQuery, Angular, vue.js
• Experience of using git (and particularly GitHub). Comfortable branching, creating pull requests and merging.
• Understanding of techniques for improving frontend performance (local storage, web sockets, etc.)
• Understanding of requirements for high-load projects
• Understanding of security issues such as XSS and CSRF and how to mitigate the risks of such issues
• Experience dealing with browser compatibility issues
• Experience of Linux and using command line tools
• Strong command of English (both written and spoken) — you’ll be working with project managers and developers from the UK and Ukraine on a daily basis so this is essential
• Self-motivated and good at managing your time
• A team player
• Experience with testing and writing unit tests
• Experience with Bootstrap, Foundation
• Competitive pay with yearly salary review and bonuses for great performance
• 20 days paid holiday per year + public holidays and an extra paid day off on your birthday, paid sick days
• Yearly training budget to attend conferences, courses and to buy relevant programming books. International conferences our developers have attended.
• Work 2 months of the year from a location of your choosing (anywhere in the world — internet connection allowing)
• Interesting and challenging work and the chance to work with a wide range of technologies.
• Professional and knowledgeable colleagues.
• A stable, profitable company that’s managed from the UK
• A modern, quiet and comfortable workplace
• Free English lessons every week in the office
• A plentiful supply of coffee, cookies and fruit in the office!
• Develop new UI features
• Extend and support existing UI features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
BrightLocal (brightlocal.com) is a SaaS platform providing marketing analytics data for digital marketing agencies.
We have over 3,000 active SEO customers who depend on BrightLocal for accurate data to help them optimize the performance of their local-business clients to deliver higher traffic & leads.
Launched in 2009 we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research & webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform.
We employ 120 people across 4 countries — UK, USA, Ukraine & Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub comprising of Marketing, Customer Success, Product & Project Management and Operations. Our technical team is based in central Kyiv, Ukraine.