• Extensive experience in software development
• Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
• Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Experience in implementing microservices
• Extensive experience of Go (Golang)
• Experience with one or more scripting languages
• MySQL, PostgreSQL or other similar relational databases and ability to write complex SQL queries and troubleshoot database performance issues
• Day to day use of Linux on both the desktop and server
• Networking, DNS, load balancing etc
• Server and network monitoring and management tools
• Good understanding of application security
• Testing and writing unit tests
• Git (and in particular GitHub) — very comfortable branching, creating pull requests and merging
• Excellent English language skills
• Cassandra and ElasticSearch
• Message/job queues (utilising software such as RabbitMQ)
• ClickHouse, Redis
• System automation tools, such as Ansible or Puppet
• Competitive pay with yearly salary review
• Performance related bonus worth up to 20% of annual salary
• 20 days paid holiday per year + public holidays
• An extra paid day off on your birthday
• Paid sick days
• Work abroad for 4 weeks of the year (in a location of your choosing)
• Medical insurance
• Individual training budget of $800/year
• Free online English lessons twice a week
• A modern, quiet and comfortable workplace (if you wish to work from office during quarantine )
• Possibility to work from home till the end of quarantine (company helps with work place)
• Fast, powerful PC or Laptop and high quality 24″ screen(s)
• A plentiful supply of coffee, cookies and fruit in the office
We’re looking for an experienced Go Developer who is excited by the challenge of working closely with our product team to design and plan complex technical solutions and then work collaboratively with other Go and PHP developers to bring those plans to life.
BrightLocal (brightlocal.com) is a SaaS platform providing marketing analytics data for digital marketing agencies.
We have over 4,500 customers and work with big brands such as Hilton, Nandos and Ikea. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their local online performance to deliver greater traffic & new customers.
Launched in 2009 we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research & webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian and the Wall Street Journal.
We employ over 175 people across 4 countries — UK, USA, Ukraine & Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub.
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are: