• HTML5, CSS3 features
• Build tools (Webpack 4)
• Preprocessors (LESS/SASS)
• Knowledge of css frameworks
• Good working knowledge of at least one of next frameworks/libraries: React, Angular, Vue.js, StimulusJS, flux, redux, mobx
• Knowledge of building classic server side applications (thick server thin client)
• Experience of using git (and particularly GitHub). Comfortable branching,creating pull requests and merging
• Understanding of techniques for improving frontend performance (WebSockets, caching, rendering large amounts of data, etc.)
• Understanding difference of HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP2
• Understanding of requirements for high-load projects
• Understanding of security issues such as XSS and CSRF and how to mitigate the risks of such issues
• Experience dealing with browser compatibility issues
• Experience of Linux and using command line tools
• Strong command of English (both written and spoken)
• Self-motivated and good at managing your time
• A team player
• Experience with TypeScript or Flow
• Experience with testing and writing unit tests
• Experience with creating or working with existing component libraries (Storybook)
Salary — Competitive pay with yearly salary review.
Training — We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success with regular training and conference opportunities. Each team member gets a dedicated training budget.
Holidays — We offer 20 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays) and you get a day off for your birthday, too. The more time you spend with us, the more holidays you get, rising to 25 days if you hit the big ‘10’ - some of our team are pretty close :)
Company Bonus — Every development team member has a 10% bonus on top of their salary. This is linked to overall company performance; it’s paid in January at the end of our financial year (December 31st).
Private Healthcare — Every team member also gets access to private healthcare.
• Develop new UI features
• Extend and support existing UI features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
At BrightLocal our mission is to help every marketer become brilliant at local SEO.
We do this through a unique combination of powerful software, done-for-you services, and extensive knowledge sharing and training resources, including our very own BrightLocal Academy.
We believe the best way to achieve our mission is to ensure every team member is happy, passionate, motivated, and committed to helping our customers.
We do this by creating the most positive work experience possible for you. You’ll get boundless opportunities to learn, develop, succeed and thrive in a culture that cherishes individuality and champions teamwork and collaboration.
We’ve been working this way for 13 years and so far it’s worked well. We’ve grown from a fledgling operation of just Myles and Ed (our two founders, who still lead the business today) to a global team of over 250 with offices in Brighton (UK), Kyiv (Ukraine), Poland (Gdynia) and Valencia (Philippines).
Today we serve over 15,000 customers and have consistently grown by 20% each year. You’ll get to work with businesses of all sizes from small marketing agencies, right up to big brands such as Co-op, Krispy Kreme, Halfords and IKEA.
‘Enjoying work’ is a core company belief. You’ll experience this through our flexible working options (e.g. remote, core hours), our vibrant, energising and comfortable offices and regular team events. We believe that we’re nothing without strong, personal relationships and we carefully nurture these through a range of activities that cater to the interests of our diverse team — e.g. team lunches, social nights, escape rooms, cocktail making, learning to sail, scavenger hunts, paddle boarding etc...
We’re proud to be a Working Families and Living Wage employer, and in 2021 we were selected as a ‘Culture Leader’ in the BreatheHR’s Culture Leaders Awards (we were 9th out of 150 companies and we’re aiming much higher in 2022).
You can find out more about life at BrightLocal on our ‘Working at BrightLocal’ page, and check out our reviews and photos on Glassdoor which really show you what it’s like to be a member of our team.
We know that our future is packed with big challenges and exciting opportunities; and we need smart, passionate and committed people like you to help us realise them!