* You already gained 4+ years of experience in object-oriented software development and 3+ years in Android application development.
* Through this, you have a solid understanding of the Android SDK, the Android Studio, and you are experienced with the Gradle build tool.
* You contribute solid understanding of the full mobile development and Google Play store life-cycle.
* Working with remote data via REST and JSON is a very common technique for you.
* You are experienced in the integration of third-party libraries and APIs.
* You have working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
Very warm and friendly working environment
Professional and career growth
No corporate BS — we’re moving too fast for that
Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
Working with the latest technologies
Good opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
Flexible working hours — as long as you get the work done
Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.
* You design and build advanced user interface applications for the Android platform based on our existing software architecture framework.
* In collaboration with our cross-functional team of designers and product managers as well as a remote developer, you define, design, implement, test and ship new features.
* You write unit-tests/automated tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
* You work on QA and bug-fixing as well as generally improving application performance.
* We emphasize development efficiency. Thus, you continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies.
* You evaluate and apply the adoption of Kotlin into our existing Java code base whenever appropriate and reasonable.
About The Customer:
As one of Europe’s fastest growing SaaS startups, our client is redefining business mobility by seamlessly integrating commercial vehicles into digital ecosystems. An innovative combination of live car data and a set of cloud-based applications offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to reduce operational cost for fleets. The client already has connected 50,000+ cars (including customers like Allianz, Zalando, Deutsche Bahn, Ford, and Adecco) and raised $20m+ from renowned VCs including Acton Capital, Coparion and UVC. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 90 employees from 15+ countries are working on our mission to build Europe´s leading fleet tech company.
About The Project:
With extensive experience in Android development, you have the passion to push mobile technologies to the limits and work with our team of experienced product managers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. You are a self-sustained coder who can solve a coding task on his own.
About The Team:
In the tech department, we are four independent, cross-functional engineering teams, divided into three areas: Application Engineering, Platform Engineering, and Data Integrations. We work agile, applying the optimal methodology (Scrum or Kanban) depending on each team’s size and the products they own. We truly understand DevOps as a software engineering culture, by bringing the development and operation of all our software closely together in every team.