ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Our partner is a well-established, leading hospitality solutions brand from Germany with a worldwide network. Being one of the global market giants in the business travel industry, the company provides various top-grade hotel management portals. Their solutions simplify the booking and management processes equally for corporates, travel managers, and travelers.
The eRFP (electronic request for proposal) tool was created by the IT department in 2012.
There are different logins to the eRFP tool:
- eRFP intern: The Sourcing Consultants and Account Managers of the sourcing department set up the RFP through this login and manage the RFP as the "master user "during the process.
- Hotel login: After submission of a rate proposal the platform shows them their ranking in comparison to the anonymized competitors based on Big Data analysis. The hotel can adapt its rate proposal as long as the deadline hasn’t expired, but they are only allowed to lower their rate proposal.
- Customer login: Through the customer login the customer can evaluate the rate proposals of the hotels. The customer can decide to accept hotels, reject them or invite them to a rebid with a specific rebid target.
DevOps Engineers work primarily with internal customers, including:
Software and application developers.
System operators (SysOps).
Project managers and stakeholders.
2 large scrum teams of 9 people.
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU:
- 20 days per year for your recreation and health
- Long term and stable projects
- Strong experts you can collaborate with and learn from
- Smooth and respectful interviews
- Designing, building, testing, and maintaining the continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) process
- Choosing the best tools and technologies the team requires to meet the business needs
- Automating different phases of the DevOps pipeline
- Monitoring systems for malicious activity
- Managing the IT infrastructure
- Ensuring system availability
- Integrating and connecting application elements (APIs, libraries, SDKs, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting, cloud platforms (AWS), OS administration, and Git workflows
- Utilizing development pipelines using Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Puppet, or other tools as appropriate
- Working with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, or other technologies
- Scripting and automating system tasks to reduce repetitive manual work
- Ensuring the appropriate transition of system changes into the production environments
- Performing general technical troubleshooting & give consultation to development teams
- Reporting issues/problems to management & work to identify root cause of system-related issues
- Creating & maintaining technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures
- AWS: experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EKS, EC2, RDS, ALB/WAF, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS-based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills
- Operating Systems: Linux system administration
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. CloudHealth)
- Additional: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Terraform
- A desire to automate everything
- Understanding of modern software engineering practices
- Strong experience with CI/CD, AWS
- Excellent communication skills
- Upper-intermediate English