About the Client:
Our partner is the UK’s leading embedded finance provider. Using innovative technology. They enable partner firms to provide their consumer customers with access to credit products quickly and simply, resulting in a game-changing customer experience. Current partners include leading FinTechs, retailers and intermediaries including Revolut, Moneysupermarket, Clearscore, Experian, Asda Money and many others.
Founded with strong values, this UK team is passionate about making people’s lives better by providing simple and fair financial products. Since launching in 2014, individual and institutional investors have lent already more than £200m to 30,000 creditworthy people via this platform. Lending Works forecasts to grow to £1bn of loans per annum by 2025.
This innovative crediting product has recently completed a private equity transaction and has a new principal shareholder that will fund and support our entire business plan.
About the Project:
Our new joiner will be a backend web developer responsible for managing part of the financial core and developing all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
About the Team:
47 people in the company. About 10 in R&D in the UK. PM in the UK.
- Building new features, modules and extension for different frameworks and platforms
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of automated testing frameworks and test cases
- Excellent experience programming with Object-Oriented Programming Languages such as PHP
- Excellent experience working with Laravel 5 framework, cache systems (Redis)
- Excellent experience and skills writing technical documentation for internal and external audiences
- Proficient knowledge of SQL and integration of multiple data sources/databases into one system (Postgresand/or Oracle)
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Outputting data in different formats, XML or JSON
- Master of Software and Microservices Design Patterns
- Experience building and working with highly scalable distributed systems, ideally within the Financial Services and/or gaming
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Great to have:
- Experience working with ReactJS
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web services)
- Experience working with CMS(s) and e-commerce frameworks
- Experience working with Java frameworks such as Spring, and/or Kotlin
- Experience working with Codeception testing framework
- Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk, Gliffy, etc.) or similar tools knowledge