• Strong foundational Computer Science skills (understanding of data structures, algorithm complexities, memory management, etc.)
• Good problem-solving skills and attention to details
• Ability to learn new technologies and apply them in practical ways
• Proficiency with server-side languages such as Java or .Net
• Proficiency in unit tests writing — Ability to share and accept technical feedback
• Familiarity with RESTful/JSON RPC APIs
• A decent level of spoken/written English
• Very warm and friendly working environment
• Professional and career growth
• No corporate BS — we’re moving too fast for that
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
• Working with the latest technologies
• Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
• Flexible working hours — as long as you get the work done
• Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
• Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people
• Communicate with all involved parties (product, deployment, engineering teams)
• Develop new user-facing features using React
• Integrate frontend with backend APIs
• Extend and support existing backend services written in Java
• Write secure, reusable, testable and efficient code
• Identify the most critical pieces and care about test coverage for those
• Write unit tests
• Participate in stand-ups, code reviews, be a team player
About the Client:
Our customer is an innovative US-based company with exciting expertise in big data, analytics, and software development that established a new category of software called Analytic Management. The client provides the only active analytic catalog for data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and business users, enabling them to interact with their data and analytic code in a whole new way.
We’re a naturally curious team that loves working together. We’re dedicated to our customers, building an analytic management movement together, which will be the key to how businesses win in the future.
About the Project:
We have a mature and evolving system for DevOps using Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, and Junit. These integrate with our data center and cloud infrastructure through Cloudbreak and Cloudera Director to provision Hadoop clusters on-demand for automated testing.
Our software deeply integrates with and leverages some of the hottest components of the big data and analytics space such as Spark, Hive, Tez, Sqoop and others.
About the Team: