A+ skills, doer attitude, leader. Remote is fine as long as can match most of west coast hours.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Must have 5+ years of experience in Java
• Must have 5+ years of engineering experience in media streaming or video applications
• Experience in audio/video encoding and specifically H264
• Experience in video streaming protocols and specifically RTMP
• Experience designing and implementing complex algorithms
• Experience in implementing and maintaining backend applications
• Experience in implementing and maintaining RTMP ingest servers
• Experience using git
• Experience in learning in a timely manner new technologies
• Be a great team member who is willing to listen, learn, teach and be passionate about having a serious impact
• Impact driven mindset
• Ownership over your work
• Bachelor’s, or preferably Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Experience with Puppeteer, gstreamer
• Experience with Wowza, Mux or other media servers/APIs
• Familiarity with content creation
• Very warm and friendly working environment
• Professional and career growth
• No corporate BS — we’re moving too fast for that
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
• Working with the latest technologies
• Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
• Flexible working hours — as long as you get the work done
• Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
• Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.
• Work with small team of client engineers, product managers, and designers to build new features
• Investigate back-end related issues, identify root causes, and implement solutions
• Ensure that your product has the highest possible video and audio quality
About the Client:
Our client is the #1 3rd-party software for broadcasters and content creators on multiple Live Streaming platforms. They create essential customization tools catered towards new and experienced streamers allowing enhanced viewer engagement and ultimately, channel growth.
About the Project:
We are looking for a Senior Backend Video Engineer who is passionate about empowering creators, solving tough problems, and seeing immediate results. In this role you will be responsible for improving existing products that are popular among live streamers and other creators as well as building new products.
If you like working on new technologies, want to have an impact on millions of users, want to shape the creator economy, enjoy investigating and solving problems, and working in a fast paced environment — then this role is for you. You will not do this work alone and will be supported by our talented and passionate team.
About the Team:
The whole team locates on the client’s side. Offices: Vancouver