• 3+ years of professional Ruby on Rails experience
• Some experience with React, Redux, styled components, design patterns
• Good knowledge PostgreSQL, Redis
• Upper Intermediate English
• Experience with Apollo and GraphQL
• Very warm and friendly working environment
• Professional and career growth
• No corporate BS — we’re moving too fast for that
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
• Working with the latest technologies
• Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
• Flexible working hours — as long as you get the work done
• Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
• Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.
• Writing backend code
• Participation in implement consumer-facing web interfaces
• Be an advocate for good, clean, well-documented and performance code
• Directly communicating with other teammates and the customer
• Provide thoughtful solutions to complex scaling and performance issues
About the Client:
Avail is a Chicago-based startup that provides the tools, education, and support that do-it-yourself landlords need to manage their rental properties. Our tools include syndicated rental listings, tenant screening, digital leasing, rent collection, and maintenance tracking. More than 600,000 landlords and their tenants from across the United States use our platform today.
The opportunity with Avail is huge. There are currently 53 million landlords and tenants in the United States who transact in the rental property market. Avail is building a world-class team to help us transform this fragmented industry, one rental unit at a time.
Avail was started in 2012 by two former investment bankers who saw a need to help landlords better manage their properties. Since then, the company has become one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups. Recently chosen as 1871’s 2019 Rising Star, Avail is looking to attract top talent to help build a powerful marketplace that will deliver the rental experience landlords and tenants deserve. The Avail office is located in River North, Chicago.
About the Project:
A platform for do-it-yourself landlords that guide them through the operations of owning a rental property: finding tenants, screening tenants, creating a legally binding lease for tenants to sign, collecting rent online, and managing ongoing maintenance requests from tenants.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer who can help take our product to the next level. We need someone passionate about building web applications and fluent in technologies across our entire stack.
About the Team:
Avail developers work in a small team that can receive user feedback and quickly iterate on it. We’re a fast-growing team that recently raised a round of funding to help grow the team and user engagement.
We follow an agile methodology that works as best we can in weekly sprints. We ship early and often, breaking projects up into manageable, and deployable, sets of functionality.
The team on customer’s side: 1 engineering manager, 2 lead developers, 2 junior developers. Lead developers are able to lead a project once it’s been scoped out by the engineering manager. On the Ukrainian side — 3 Developers.