• 2+ years of proven experience with React and Redux
• Frontend: React, Redux, EcmaScript+Flow/TypeScript, Webpack, SASS
• Experience in writing tests with Jest
• Knowledge of OOP, SOLID, design patterns
• Backend: PHP
• English — Upper-Intermediate
• Experience in type-safe development with PHP7+, Symfony Flex
• Very warm and friendly working environment
• Professional and career growth
• No corporate BS — we’re moving too fast for that
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
• Working with the latest technologies
• Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
• Flexible working hours — as long as you get the work done
• Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
• Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.
• You will be part of a seven-person development team, working on a new version of our existing software, which is being developed for both SaaS and on-premise operation
• We consistently rely on PHP 7.x and Symfony, in combination with Maria/MySQL for the backend development
• The frontend development is based on React and Redux
• You will expand and improve the common results every day, in terms of quality, modularity and software paradigms
• You will be part of the agile development process (Dailies, Retrospective Refinements, Sprint planning and Reviews)
• We help each other: We will support you in your daily work. This means with code reviews within the development team, as well as modern development techniques and processes
About the Client:
Our customer is a well-known German tech company that provides various startups and enterprises with professional software to handle the requirements of modern IT operations and IT service management. Their product has an open-source version and a community of dedicated end-users and contributors. The product is top-rated in Europe within well-established companies of different sizes and branches, making it now a leading software tool in the field of IT documentation, configuration management databases (CMDB), and security.
About the Project:
In a nutshell, it’s an application for IT documentation and a full-fledged CMDB that allows users to collect all their knowledge about the IT infrastructure (both software and hardware) they’re dealing with within their companies. By using this product, users obtain the “point of information” for all their internal IT processes. All the data that has to be documented is centralized in one single spot — easy-to-navigate and user-friendly. The application provides both automatic and manual updates, which proves that the product has a scalable structure able to adapt to each user’s particular needs/requirements.
This software combines both the classic structures of IT asset management and peculiar features of a CMDB and CMS defined by ITIL. Now, our customer prepares the next big version of the product — 2.0. It’s going to present a significant change of tech stack and the overall project’s architecture. Basically, it’s a new, almost from scratch, project, with defined scope and requirements from a currently existing product.
About the Team:
For now, the team consists of 4 senior developers. There is no dedicated Team Lead within a development team. In Brightgrove, there are a couple of technical teams that interact with each other:
• Support (Customer Care)
Every team handles its own tasks and responsibilities. There is no direct subordination, but there are particular experts responsible for the project/parts of the project who assign tasks and control their status.
Our team is pretty flat and friendly — everyone can freely express his/her opinion, and everyone is welcomed to share their own ideas for the project. We guarantee a pleasant working atmosphere and supportive teammates. Your scope of work for this project is to be fully involved in the development of the product’s 2.0 version.