• 2+ years’ experience in ReactJS/React Native development
• Working experience with Redux, Redux-Saga/Redux-Thunk
• Experience in mobile development
• Proficiency in using GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket
• Experience using Typescript/Flow
• Experience with TestFlight/AppCenter
• Expertise in the app publishing to App Store/Google Play
• Experience in building the project’s architecture
• Motivation to learn and adopt new technologies
• Ability to be a team player with excellent communication skills
• English level — Upper-Intermediate
• Experience with AWS, GraphQL, and Elixir
• Objective-C and/or Swift knowledge (iOS development experience)
• Java and/or Kotlin knowledge (Android development experience)
• Very warm and friendly working environment
• Professional and career growth
• No corporate BS — we’re moving too fast for that
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Opportunities to travel international and between our offices
• Working with the latest technologies
• Excellent opportunities to work with remarkable teams from all over the world
• Flexible working hours — as long as you get the work done
• Comfortable and cozy office in the city center
• Awesome corporate events
At Brightgrove, developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As with wine, great software is created by great people.
• Develop new features
• Support the existing codebase
• Follow Agile working approach (sprints, Jira, etc.)
• Directly communicate with the client’s team
About the Client:
Our client is a popular German-based startup that focuses on students’ needs in the field of event marketing, advertising services, entertainment, and public relations. Their service list includes the provision of textiles with custom prints, school newspapers, tech solutions, planning, organization, and implementation of various events, training courses, communication and marketing projects’ implementation.
About the Project:
Aside from the services mentioned above, our partner provides the coolest game app ever with various quizzes for schools. The app works as a jackpot quest with impressing cash rewards for the winning high school graduates.
The app’s flow is as follows:
• Users register and join the current school year as a member of the class or as a fan;
• Then plays various challenges — questions, votes or other tasks (during the day, at night, at any time and until the end of the jackpot);
• With every challenge, users collect points for their private points account and for that of the school graduating class. These points help users and their classes get to the top of the individual jackpots — regionally and nationally — and become “first” in the four different star rankings. Collected points unlock many stars; each star brings users up cash rewards for a high school diploma and graduation.
This is a cross-platform app built on React Native and Apollo, already available on App Store & Google Play. The team’s task is to keep developing it further adding new functionality. Our client also has a list of other related products & games to be developed from scratch in a long-term perspective. And they’d like to work on backend administration at the later stages.
Right now, the app focuses on:
• User-generation (setup/editing user profile)
• Gaming (create and walkthrough quiz polls)
• Statistics collection
• Share results and attract new users
In the future, the app has to also include such features as:
• Contacts generation
Your goal will be to make the app more attractive and fully functional for users. The first results in development are expected in September.
About the Team:
With Brightgrove’s help, our client would like to set up a dedicated team of 2 developers and then expand it up to 5 engineers. So, we’re looking for the first React Native developers to join us right away. You’ll work under the Team Lead’s guidance and develop the existing product alongside friendly and welcoming teammates from the client’s side.