BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here — our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey — people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride — we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
Team organization & mission: Infrastructure team of BlaBlaCar Pro Marketplace Unit. Our team consists of 4 people. We work with development teams (focusing on Bus) and those responsible for the operation of services, a total of over 100+ mostly engineering positions in the CEE region. We, using small forces, replace daily processes with infrastructure that is not affected by the human factor.
Our mission is to help development teams enjoy creating code that runs in production without errors. To achieve our goals, we create new tools and find new approaches.
Our technical stack: NodeJS, Github Actions, Terraform, Ansible, Clickhouse, GCP. We have to deal with: Java, NodeJS, Python, Go, C, Bash, Postgres, Redis, Oracle, Clickhouse, Influxdb, Kafka, Nginx, JUnit, Rest-Assured, Wiremock, TM4J, Consul, Grafana, Loki, Jaeger, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Flux, Istio.
- We have a high-quality impact on the development performance and quality of the Pro Marketplace services.
- Integrate security requirements into the infrastructure without losing performance in development teams.
- Migrating existing infrastructure to Kubernetes.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience in NodeJS, Go, C/C++, or similar.
- Experience developing cloud infrastructure services, preferably with Kubernetes.
- TDD is a habit for you.
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams.
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability.
- You have good verbal and written English skills.
- Experience in security, privacy, and compliance.
- Experience in designing large scalable systems.
- Experience in developing monitoring and measurement systems.
- Experience in creating testing and deployment workflows.
- Experience with TCP/IP and network programming.
Your future benefits:
- Top of the market employment terms and conditions incl. meals and transportation allowance
- 100% coverage for health care insurance
- 50% coverage for spouse & children health care insurance
- 100% salary reimbursement for maternity leave
- 100% salary reimbursement for 1-month paternity leave
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Possibility to work full remote anywhere in Ukraine (even after the Covid crisis)
- Learning opportunities through trainings, Free English courses, Conferences
What do we have to offer?
- 🌎 An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brasil, Poland.
- 💡 Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts, and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it), or meme battles on Slack.
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 45-min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions;
- a 120-min video call with the Hiring Manager — Pavlo Bashynskyi
- a 60-min video call with the Ukrainian Engineering team.
- a 45-min video call with the Head of Infrastructure & Operations — Nicolas Salvy
- a 45-min video call with the VP of Engineering Pro Marketplace — Igor Ivashchenko
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days.