Bizzabo is a product company and we are looking looking for an Automation Team Lead who believes in “being the end-user” at the highest standards, methodical and precise, with a great passion for finding the deepest corners of the system and making an incredible impact on customer satisfaction.
Bizzabo is a software platform for virtual, in-person, and hybrid events. Our platform empowers every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events.
— Our purpose is to build the next generation of hybrid event management platform
— World-leading events team use our product to conduct events for 100k+ attendees
— 10 years of successful presence on the event software market
— 300 team members in New York, Tel-Aviv, London, Kyiv, and remotely
— We raised $138 million in 2020 (read more on TechCrunch)
— This year we acquired two companies — x.ai to reimagine the way people meet and connect and Whalebone to humanize digital events
Bizzabo powers events for brands like Amazon, IBM, Bloomberg, Datarobot, HubSpot, Forbes, Uber, Electronic Arts, Siemens, Bank of Ireland, and The Wall Street Journal.
OUR TECH STACK
We are a Cloud-based platform, with the React ecosystem in the front end, Java & Kotlin in the back end, MySQL and ElasticSearch, and mobile applications. We test in many different ways, from unit testing using jest and JUnit, all the way to Nightwatch (Selenium web driver) and Runscope.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Build and lead the automation engineers team
- Define the automation strategy. Provide efficient autotest distribution between test levels
- Review frameworks design/architecture. Take ownership for automation solution quality and scalability
- Make automation a part of the CD. Build and inject quality gates that allow finding bugs as early as possible
- Build stable and robust autotests with minimum maintenance costs
- Provide a high level of transparency on the quality status by bringing reporting/analytic services (such as Reporting Portal)
- Make a gradual transition to automation for the QA team. Knowledge sharing, training, educational program
- Infrastructure set up for tests execution (Web and Mobile)
- Introducing and following best practices in the processes and code quality
- Drive automation as part of Bizzabo engineering culture
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to find the best methods for solving problems in apps and systems
WHAT YOU HAVE
- At least 3 years of automation testing experience using NightwatchJS, WebdriverJS, Protractor, WebdriverIO, or Cypress
- Leadership experience
- Work experience with Web and Mobile testing
- Experience in writing end2end testing of APIs using Runscope or other end2end tools
- Good understanding of QA, testing, and software development methodologies and familiarity with industry standards and best practices
- Proficiency in QA essentials and theory and knowledge of issue-tracking systems
- Ability to execute test cases and automated test scripts and assess the effectiveness and accuracy of the software
- High level of English — both written and verbal