The right candidate has a passion for how to bring design, copy, type, and motion together to deliver satisfying consumer experiences, while telling a cohesive brand story. They will thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing environments, bringing creative thinking and sophisticated design aesthetic to our team while ensuring an output that reflects our brand’s values, voice, & tone.
On any given day, the designer in question may work on anything from digital ad layouts, illustrations, email, Instagram stories design, UI/UX, documents design, office posters, event and brand collateral, and much, much more!
(!) NB: at Binary Studio the designer will be working on our own internal brands (Binary Studio as a company, Binary Studio Academy, etc.), promoting them on the Ukrainian market. He/she won’t be working on any commercial project or product. The tasks include graphic design and some work on UI/UX. The person will be a solo designer with plenty of room for creativity and flexibility to implement new ideas.
What you’ll be working on:
• Lead the continued development of our current designs, user experience, and brand stories for several our brands/projects: Binary Studio Academy, Binary Nights, Binary Studio, Leadership School, etc.
• Create a variety of assets including illustration, iconography, site graphics, digital ads, landing page designs, printed collateral, event graphics, work with UI of our website and LMS and much more.
• Rapidly create sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to visualize your ideas and articulate user flows or experiences.
• Inspire colleagues with your ability to deliver top-tier work, while running multiple projects of varying complexities simultaneously, while meeting deadlines, working independently and well within tight timelines.
A good candidate has:
• 1.5 — 3 years of graphic design experience on a creative or communication design team, either as part of an agency or an in-house team.
• Proven ability to deliver quality designs at a high volume while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, without micro-management.
• Deep knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Figma and Sketch.
• A portfolio displaying unique graphic design, UI design and illustration proficiency.
• An optimistic outlook, a drive to learn new things, and intrinsic self-motivation.
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
• Bonus points for skills in motion and user experience design.
• Ability to work with texts applying principles of „Пиши, сокращай” will be an asset.
What’s in store for you:
• An incredibly varied scope of responsibilities, which will help you to excel at several aspects of design (such as usability and visual/interaction design), as well as assist you in becoming a very strong generalist.
• A fast-paced environment, which offers a lot of freedom to someone willing to take initiative. You don’t have to worry about being bogged down in office politics and strict hierarchies — we like giving folks the flexibility to the job quickly and efficiently, while letting people add their own creative touch to their work.
• Responsibility and ownership of what you do — i.e. you’ll be the captain of your own ship. We’re here to help and provide insight and constructive criticism, but ultimately you will be the creative director and architect of our company’s image. The more you accomplish, the more trust you will earn and the greater flexibility you will have in making Binary Studio an internationally renowned development firm.
• Devil in the details — we expect a very keen eye for detail, and a degree of attention to the „little things” that is rare in this line of work. We want you to build something that you can be proud of and would willingly show to your friends — we’re not interested in producing subpar work!
• Support in your constant professional development: numerous internal courses (Leadership school, Academy Pro), compensation of certificates/conferences/trainings/meet-ups, creation of OKR (personal development) plan, an in-house library of best-selling IT books and free of charge English classes.
Ultimately, we want to find someone who is not indifferent to the work they do and who always puts their pride and passion into their projects, and who is looking for a team of like-minded people to help him/her grow as a professional.