We seek a wise, passionate, and committed Middle / Senior DevOps Engineer to join our ranks. If you’re interested in working amidst a great atmosphere and are looking to develop personally and professionally, then look no further!
What you’ll be working on:
You’ll be working on a very extensive CRM system for massage therapists and bodywork professionals, with over 800,000 users. This is the biggest platform of its kind in North America, and is Quite A Big Deal™ among the professional massage community. This platform has everything — online scheduling, intake forms, email campaigns, salon management — it’s basically the Swiss army knife of commercial massage therapy platforms.
The customer is from the USA, and is incredibly friendly and easy going. We’ve been working with him for several years now, and have made this project essentially from scratch. We have 4 full-stack PHP developers and 1 frontend developer working together directly with the customer within a custom-tailored Agile environment.
In short — this project is quite interesting and still has plenty of room to grow, not to mention a great product owner and American team stateside with whom you’ll be working.
Your primary responsibilities:
• Configuration and management of software baselines
• Automation, building, testing, integration and deployment of software
• Collaborate with team members to resolve technical issues
• Setup deployment, backup, and restore strategies for MySQL, Redis and other data sources
• Work with devs to improve our continuous integration /delivery process
• Maintain and improve our configuration management and deployments
There also are few things more points which are super important for this project:
• Availability during the majority of US business hours when the load is highest and issues are most likely to crop up
• Readiness to receive and respond to “emergencies” after hours
Have a look at the core skills required for this position:
• Minimum 3+ years of Linux/Unix Systems Administration
• Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Unix shell scripting)
• Must have production experience with AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, CloudWatch, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticache)
• Experience in setting up CI servers (Jenkins)
• Experience in building platforms for continuous integration/continuous deployment
• Strong emphasis on security and monitoring
• Security Experience: secure communication protocols such as SSL / TLS, PKCS
• Strong Intermediate English level is a must
It would also be sweet if you had:
• Experience in building and maintaining high performance distributed systems in the cloud
• Knowledge of Docker
Sound good so far? Cool! Now let us show you what we’re offering from our end:
Pay, perks & such — the good stuff:
Binary Studio offers lots of well-known and must-have perks.
However, that’s not all! Our key focus is sharpening the technological skills of our engineers, and we do that through a variety of different ways, such as:
• Opportunities for becoming a Binary Studio Academy Coach, Academy PRO lecturer, etc.
• Opportunities for becoming a speaker of SUBMIT meetups
• An in-house library which is regularly supplemented according to team’s preferences
• OKR (Individual development) plans
• Support in receiving certificates, attending trainings, conferences & meetups
We also have a great life beyond coding!
For us, ‘teambuilding’ is not just a word or 3-times-a-year plan. We actually love spending time with each other. We travel to Europe in winter and go to the sea in summer. Have a look at our facebook page goo.gl/bY44js and see for yourself! ;)
Sound intriguing? Well, don’t delay — apply & become a part of our team!