Binary Studio is searching for an intrepid Senior .NET Developer to join a seasoned team of veteran programmers to help build a magnificent search-and-rescue solution for our beloved Swiss client.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT THE PLATFORM:
This is a complex emergency response platform built to help save people’s lives — if you’re looking for a serious project to add to your resume, this is it. The product has very rich functionality and demands very high levels of accountability and stability considering that a bug might be the difference between life and death! It is composed of a back-end system that handles event processing, a desktop client for managing rescue operations, and several mobile applications that communicate with specialized pager devices which support rescue workers on-site. It’s no joke!
This is one of our long-term projects which we’ve been developing since 2013. The client’s product managers provide us the specifications, but we’ve taken full responsibility for all decisions and technical implementations of the project — so this is more or less our baby.
The current team rolls with 5 .NET developers and 1 QA engineer. You can follow this link goo.gl/BjFZqd to our case study if you’d like to hear a bit more about the project.
CORE TECHNOLOGIES: .NET, Web API with ASP.NET, WPF, AngularJS, MSSQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Develop finely-crafted .NET code
• Add new functionality, while developing and maintaining our existing code (and don’t worry, it’s in good shape!)
• Take on issues and challenges associated with the project
• Work in a tight-knit team of motivated developers on all areas of development, including gathering requirements, planning, programming, and testing
• Review code and verify tasks done by other team members
• Actively participate in designing the architecture for new features and the overall system
• Collaborate with the product managers and team on the customer’s side
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS WE’LL REALLY NEED YOU TO HAVE:
• Superb software development skills in a .NET environment
• Solid experience in developing an application with ASP.Net (MVC & Web API), WCF, WPF, Entity Framework, NHibernate, MS SQL
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills, since the position requires direct communication with the customer and frequent interaction with the team on customer side via Skype
• English level Upper-Intermediate +
ALSO, IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAVE:
• Experience with Xamarin (Android and iOS)
• Acquaintance with Cloud and Microservices architectures
• Knowledge of HTML5 and Angular
• Experience in using unit testing frameworks: NUnit, NBuilder, NSubstitute
PAY, PERKS & SUCH — THE GOOD STUFF:
Binary Studio offers lots of well-known and must-have perks, like cookies, fruits, popcorn, tasty coffee, English lessons, paid vacation, sick leave, and other noteworthy benefits.
However, that’s not all! Our key focus is sharpening the technological skills of our engineers, and we do that through a variety of different ways, such as:
• Support in receiving certificates, attending trainings, conferences & meetups
• Opportunities for becoming a Binary Studio Academy Coach, Academy PRO lecturer, etc.
• Opportunities for becoming a speaker of SUBMIT meetups
• An in-house library which is regularly supplemented according to team’s preferences
• OKR plans
We also have a great life beyond coding!
For us, ‘teambuilding’ is not just a word or 3-times-a-year plan. We actually love spending time with each other. We travel to Europe in winter and go to the sea in summer. Have a look at our facebook page (goo.gl/bY44js) and see for yourself! ;)
Sound intriguing? Well, don’t delay — apply & become a part of our team!