Binary Studio is in search of a proactive leader who will help us establish and develop a Project Management Office. What you should expect from this position:
• An opportunity to become one of the key members of the Binary Studio management team. You will work directly with the CEO and the rest of the
• A chance to build the Project Management Office, a team of PMs, and all processes within it essentially from scratch.
• A possibility to take part in developing world-class software for small and medium-sized businesses across the globe.
• The freedom to use your expertise and creativity within an environment where all of your initiatives will be heard and taken into account very seriously.
One of the main tasks will be to facilitate the process of cooperation between project managers, developers, and clients, which will include, for instance:
• Supervising the process of a project’s estimation and planning
• Assisting during the discovery phase, consulting on the questions of methodologies and frameworks that should be chosen for each new-coming project.
• Exploring and implementing the best project management practices, frameworks, and instruments in order to improve the quality of each project’s delivery
• Taking part in risk management (identifying/controlling risks and issues, anticipating issues before they arise, properly reporting when issues arise and escalating them, keeping mitigation and resolution on track)
• Maintaining and streamlining regular project assessments
Also, your scope of work will concern people and performance management, as an example:
• Be the lead member of our project management community, drive the knowledge sharing and experience exchange
• Take part in solving conflicts within teams and with clients
• Take part in performance reviews of PMs & devs, providing regular team assessment
• Execute resource management (drive staffing process, assist with onboarding/offboarding)
• Track team velocity, ensure key performance indicators reaching success level values
• 1-on-1 meetings, motivation, OKR planning aimed at maximizing the team productivity
• Develop and improve the career roadmap for the project management team
Take a look at core skills you will bring to our team:
• At least 3 years of experience as a Project Manager and 7+ years in IT
• Solid people management experience
• Strong client-oriented attitude
• Excellent understanding of the SDLC
• Excellent understanding of the Agile SWD methodology (Scrum, Kanban practical skills)
• Knowledge of requirement analysis, efforts estimations
• Good understanding of change management
• Good risk management expertise
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem-solving attitude
• Advanced English level is a must
Binary Studio is a software development company engineering world-class software for small and medium-sized enterprises. We create advanced business solutions to help our clients increase their income, make their internal work processes more comfortable and bring value to millions of users all over the world.
3 main facts you should know about Binary Studio:
• Self-development is really a big deal for us.
Here at Binary Studio, we put a lot of effort into self-development and education. Every year we conduct various educational activities: technical lectures (it could be a series of lectures about Kotlin, Kubernetes or Web Optimization), online tech talks in Zoom, etc. We also conduct our own free IT courses, having one of the highest competition rates in Ukraine — in 2021 we had 5500 (!) applicants. Furthermore, each Binarian can count on an educational budget they can spend on attending external meetups and courses.
• We have demanding requirements for every incoming client.
Before we start working with a client, we carefully analyze the project details and define if they match our expectations: whether the code quality is ok, if the client is ready for long-term cooperation, if the project has world-class potential and if we can expect challenging tasks for our developers. As a result, we proceed with only ~5 of
• The comfort of each Binarian is very important for us.
We strive to build long-term cooperation with our people, therefore we put lots of resources into creating a comfortable work environment within our company. We conduct 1-1s and performance reviews on a regular basis. In addition, there should be a balance between work and fun. And there is a lo-o-ot of fun within Binary Studio :) You can pick whatever you like: a backpacking trip across the mountains or amazing Company Birthday parties, board game nights or automobile quests around the city.
Sounds interesting so far? Then send us your CV — we would be happy to meet you and discuss everything in more detail!