We are looking for a full-time Project Manager who will be responsible for directing and managing
Binary Studio delivery team portfolio consists of numerous projects in different domains, delivered for both SMBs and innovative startups around the world.
We are looking for a passionate, energetic, self-driven manager who will manage smart and experienced teams to successfully deliver what Binary Studio clients expect to achieve meeting their business goals.
• 2+ years of software development experience as a Project Manager/Scrum Master
• Solid people management experience
• Strong client oriented attitude
• Good understanding of the SDLC
• Good understanding of the Agile SWD methodology (Scrum, Kanban practical skills)
• Knowledge of requirement analysis, efforts estimating
• Good understanding of change management
• Good risk management expertise
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem solving attitude
• Upper Intermediate/Advanced English level
JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Trello.
• Directing the project planning process and tracking the project progress against project plan
• Development of technical solutions for clients in cooperation with strong Technical Leads
• Working closely with the clients’ stakeholders, Delivery Manager to manage the day-to-day work of the development team
• Facilitating efficient software engineering processes
• Analyzing requirements, creating backlogs
• Estimating and planning projects from start to finish together with a team
• Monitoring changing clients’ needs and proactively offer the right solutions
• Tracking team velocity, ensuring key performance indicators reaching success level values
• Reporting project progress/status on a regular basis to clients and internal management
• Playing a Scrum Master role and lead the scrum events if Scrum is required:
— facilitate daily scrums, sprint reviews, retrospectives, demos, grooming and planning sessions
— help Product Owner to maintain the backlog and release plan, provide visibility
— know what tasks have been completed/started, any estimates changed to makes it possible to update the burndown and burnup charts
— ensure a positive, collaborative work environment for the team
• People management (1*1 meetings, motivation, performance reviews, OKR aimed at maximizing team quality, teamwork, and team productivity)
• Resourcing management (driving staffing process, onboarding/offboarding)
• Risk management (identify/control risks and issues, anticipate issues before they arise, properly report when arised and escalate them, keep mitigation and resolution on track)
• Constant monitoring and improving project processes
• Resolving team conflicts if any
• Reporting directly to the Delivery Manager to ensure that priorities are correctly aligned.
Binary Studio is a software development company engineering world-class software for small and medium-sized enterprises. We create advanced business solutions to help our clients increase their income, make their internal work processes more comfortable and bring value to millions of users all over the world.
3 main facts you should know about Binary Studio:
1. Self-development is a really big deal for us.
Here at Binary Studio we put a lot of effort in self-development and education. Every year we conduct various educational activities: technical lectures (it could be a series of lectures about Kotlin, Kubernetes or Web Optimization), online tech talks in Zoom, etc. We also conduct our own free IT courses, having one of the highest competition rates in Ukraine — in 2020 we had 5500 (!) applicants and only 170 were admitted. Furthermore, each Binarian can count on an educational budget they can spend on attending external meetups and courses.
2. We have demanding requirements to every incoming project.
Before we start working with a client, we carefully analyse the project details and define if they match our expectations: whether the code quality is ok, if the client is ready for long-term cooperation, if the project has world-class potential and if we can expect challenging tasks for our developers. As a result, we proceed with only ~5 of
3. Comfort of each Binarian is very important for us.
We strive to build long-term cooperation with our people, therefore we put lots of resources into creating a comfortable work environment within our company. We conduct 1-1s and performance reviews on a regular basis. In addition, there should be a balance between work and fun. And there is a lo-o-ot of fun within Binary Studio :) You can pick whatever you like: a backpacking trip across the mountains or exquisite Company Birthday party, board games night or auto quest around the city.
Sounds interesting so far? Then send us your CV — we would be happy to meet you and discuss everything in more detail!