Binary Studio is a software development company which helps small and medium technical businesses from all over the world build world-class software projects. Having a profound impact on our client’s projects, we help them build solutions which serve millions of users, are used by many Fortune 500 companies, and are regarded as being top-tier solutions in their respective industries.
The projects we work on involve:
• Technical challenges — these are usually complex solutions like CRMs, marketplaces, advanced web and desktop platforms, where we aim at implementing industry best practices (i.e. you won’t get stuck rewriting the same three lines of code for months on end)
• Direct communication with the customers who are often technically savvy (CTOs), which helps us solve all questions quickly and efficiently
• Authority in making technical decisions to guarantee the project’s overall quality — Our clients rely heavily on our expertise, know-how, skill as subject matter experts in our field
The team we have at Binary Studio:
• Are top-notch engineers, who believe that programming is an art and spend a lot of time looking for new approaches and better solutions. We believe that real professionals are the ones who constantly look for new ways to solve problems and create complex products, rather than just “code as they’re told”
• Monitors the quality of development and takes pride in the work they do. We look for people who have an eye for the future and build products that actually enables users to accomplish their goals
• Is long-term oriented — many of our engineers have been with us for years — clearly we’re doing something right if they’ve stuck with us all this time :)
What you’ll be working on:
The project is an American marketplace/gig economy system that matches nurses with hospitals and temporary jobs. The platform allows medical centers to post temporary job vacancies, which can be browsed by nurses who seek to pick up additional hours or shifts whenever their schedule allows. The platform provides hospitals and medical facilities a means to quickly shore up their staff when the need arises. Apart from basic functions like personal profile, payments and ratings systems, the application is also multi-tenant, so that each entity can personalize their name, logo and functionality.
This is a start-up which is growing exponentially and constantly expanding to new areas. Therefore, there are several new business areas considered by the client as potential interesting next steps and our team might be the one to help with these new tech challenges alongside the existing ones.
The team consists of 4 JS developers & 2 QA engineers working together directly with the customer.
Core project technologies are:
• NodeJS (FeathersJS), PostgreSQL / Sequelize
• Heroku, Docker
Your primary responsibilities:
• Implement new functionality, develop and maintain existing code
• Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle, including design, implementation and testing
• Communicate with customers directly
• Strive for constant project improvement on the tech front
• Actively participate in team meetings and peer reviews of project’s code and architecture
Talents you bring to the team:
• 1+ year of experience with React
• 2+ years of NodeJS experience
• Writing API and unit tests experience (Mocha, Jasmine, Jest)
• Experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.)
• Strong Intermediate English level is a must
It would also be sweet if you had:
• SQL queries optimization experience
• CI/CD setup experience (Jenkins, CircleCI)
• Multi-tenant systems experience
Sound good so far? Cool! Now let us show you what we’re offering from our end:
Pay, perks & such — the good stuff:
Binary Studio offers lots of well-known and must-have perks, such as a charming office with a beautiful view of High Castle, challenging tasks and good career opportunities, support in receiving certificates/attending conferences, free English classes, etc.
However, that’s not all! Our key focus is sharpening the technological skills of our engineers, and we do that through a variety of different ways:
• We have the most competitive software development school in Ukraine — Binary Studio Academy. In 2019, we had 4500 applicants, and only 110 were admitted. It’s pretty unique, too: it’s online, free and intensive as hell! You will have a chance to enroll as a coach or a lecturer and develop further leadership and project management skills
• We aspire to create personal development plans — OKRs — for everyone in the company. This approach has also been used by several major companies including Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Uber, etc.
• We have an in-house library of best-selling IT books which is regularly supplemented according to our team’s preferences
If you feel like this is an opportunity which you would like to learn more about, feel free to send us your CV. We will be happy to get to know you better!