BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies and industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry’s, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony and Toyota.
Our mission is to power unrivalled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using Bigcommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Be fully responsible for a few product domain areas and leading multiple development teams which has to provide high quality product to the market.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders (organization of process of gathering requirements; always be in-touch with Sales Department, Supports, Customers, and other Product Managers within the company).
- Define and communicate business outcomes and performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Prepare comprehensive description of Stories and Epics for development team(s).
- Work with the Design team to prototype new features.
- Validate new functionality with customers before development.
- Enthusiastically lead your teams, consisting of developers, designers, and quality engineers, towards your vision with effective delivery.
- Work collaboratively with your teams to break complex projects into small projects, with each iteration adding more customer value.
- Explain to the development team(s) all details of stories before/over development (organization of explanation process — planning, grooming meetings etc.).
- Provide feedback after testing of stories which were specified by yourself.
- Demo new functionality to the stakeholders, the organization and customers.
- Analyze the entire product and propose ways to improve it.
- Manage the product backlog and sprint backlog in Jira. Make it clear and up-to-date.
- Analyze data to measure the impact of product improvements, and then iterate to constantly optimize performance.
Who you are:
- Master degree or higher (in Computer Science or similar, desirable).
- Clear understanding of principles and specifics of software development methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis activities and techniques.
- Good knowledge in at least one Business Domain (desirable): ecommerce, payments, CRM, finance, accounting.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (at least JIRA & Confluence).
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to make a critical assessment of the information from numerous sources. Systems thinking and functional decomposition skills.
- Setting clear goals and priorities. Time-management, ability to handle multi-tasking activities. Quick learning.
- High flexibility. Ability to modify approach as per changing conditions, circumstances and feedback.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- One of the following (desirable): CSPO, CSM, IIBA CCBA or CBAP.
- IT experience 3 years (4+ desirable).
- Experience in business analysis 2 years (3+ desirable).
- Proven experience in communication and presentation for large audiences and top management.
What’s in it for you
- Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
- Work directly with our customers and partners.
- Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
- Competitive financial package.
- Control your own schedule.
- Personal time off.
- Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.