BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the software-as-a-service (SaaS) leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants with sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigCommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
About the role
Product designers at BigCommerce are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to build end to end solutions by understanding the customer problem, iterating on solutions, and shipping finished products. As a Senior Product Designer at BC you will have autonomy to shape the products you work on, while being able to learn from and collaborate with a team of seasoned designers.
As a Senior Product Designer you enjoy influencing product strategy as much as translating complex workflows into intuitive user experiences. At BigCommerce, we are building an ecosystem so our merchants can easily integrate with a variety of third-party channels that let them sell their products anywhere.
You will cultivate an understanding of customer problems and craft experiences that will enable our merchants and their businesses to flourish and succeed. You will have a unique opportunity to work on products that will enhance the BC ecosystem and greatly impact our merchant’s businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Design the end to end experience for merchants to efficiently manage their product catalog, including pricing changes, product variants, and translation into multiple languages for international use cases.
- Explore scenarios and hypothesis for enabling merchants to migrate their catalog to a new version and managing that process with minimal impact to their business
- Partner with other product designers to envision how the catalog integrates with their product areas.
- Partner with user research and product management to gather existing research on catalog and define one or more operational “models” for how merchants organise catalog and associated management tasks.
- Partner with the product manager and our data team to define success metrics and constantly improve them with experiments and optimizations.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and business teams to identify product direction, feature set and behaviors for managing products in BigCommerce.
- Understand the merchant and developer problem sets, competitor solutions in the market and trends in e-commerce to help advocate for your design solutions.
- Create flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups using facilitative leadership skills to communicate concepts, solicit feedback and drive an aligned approach among your team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to our design system and define the future experience of the BigCommerce ecosystem.
- Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are:
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with structure and flexibility to make the product desirable and usable. Taking the complex and making it simple is a challenge that brings you joy.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- User-centered. You care deeply about your users and take extra steps to ensure your designs are addressing their problems.
- Seasoned. You’re comfortable working in a fast paced environment and understand the design process well enough to know when to employ it and when to skip steps.
- Fun! You’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- 4+ years experience working as a product designer working within a product team to ship successful products to users
- Demonstrated execution of end-to-end design process from discovery to delivery, with artifacts showcasing visual design, interaction design and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications
- Proven ability to understand business goals, think strategically and work cross functionally across teams
- Proven ability to create slick and harmonious user interfaces
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise designing and prototyping in tools like Figma, with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working closely with engineering teams in a Scrum or Agile framework
- Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software
What’s in it for you
- Design solutions that will be used by thousands of partners and will benefit hundreds of thousands of users
- Collaborate with local and international teams
- Learn from a team of senior professionals
- Be a part of a fast-growing company
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive compensation and benefits