BigCommerce, named a Best Place to Work in Austin 2021 is looking for a
driven Certified SCRUM Master. As a critical member of the team, you will be
reporting to the Senior Director of Business Applications. As a Senior Scrum Master,
you will work on two to three geographically diverse agile delivery teams. In this
role you will work with highly collaborative teams that value speed and quality,
with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment. You
have a strong background in Agile team leadership and experience coaching
new to agile product owners and project team members. Perhaps most
importantly, you will use your Agile capabilities and growth mindset to help
empower, energize, and motivate the teams you support. You will work closely
with your team and peers to support sprint and release planning, foster team self-
awareness, encourage cross-training, decision-making and continuous
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the scrum team using Agile methodology and scrum practices.
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization.
- Facilitating the scrum process and meetings including discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution; assisting with internal and external communication.
- Help the scrum team achieve higher levels of scrum maturity.
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework.
- Lead the change from Waterfall to Agile methodology.
- Facilitate sprint/increment planning required to meet project or product goals.
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed.
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments.
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Setup and administer status reporting tasks.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years’ experience in serving as Scrum Master role.
- Scrum Master Certification required.
- Optimizing outputs or dependencies across timezones.
- Ability to work with and lead 2+ teams at a time (6+ people per team).
- Experience in project management.
- Helps the team to develop, capture, and analyze metrics to facilitate team improvements.
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict, solve problems and negotiate.
- Proven track record and knowledgeable in techniques to fill in Agile methodology and scrum gaps.
- Ability to determine what is scrum and what is not.
- Experience with successful Agile techniques.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, as well as being able to lead the team.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to developing skills and knowledge.
- Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
- Work directly with our customers and partners.
- Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
- Competitive financial package.
- Control your own schedule.
- Personal time off.
- Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.